iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It’s an…. Elm

Started by Prizl tha Chizl, March 02, 2024, 06:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prizl tha Chizl

We've got Chinese Elm, American (white?) Elm, and Red (slippery) Elm here. Maybe some rock elm. I'm looking for some help differentiating these guys, especially when dormant, but really whenever, so I can make better management choices. (Our forester seems to dislike them all, I'm partial to the red elm, but would also be happy to hear people's opinions on the trees in general.)
"The Woods Is My Church"

Don P

Protect the red and the rock, which is for the grandkids. Mow repeatedly the chinese and enjoy the shade of the American. I had one behind the mill that hosted flying squirrels and other critters occasionally and was a nice shade in summer but it was hollow and finally had to go. It appears the one viable seed was in a place where it throws a branch and slaps me whenever I drive something open by it, that'll teach him  ffcheesy.

With all the elm talk, Ed, the mason came in one morning and asked if I knew what a wahoo is.

doc henderson

I have a forester coming in a few weeks to help me.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!