iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Run Bobcat Run

Started by CLL, January 11, 2010, 11:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CLL

Went out today to get my pop-up reset so I could deer hunt the next couple of days. I had my four wheeler parked in an three sided building(old rendering plant). I went in and put gas in the four wheeler, made all kind of noise, pulled the motor several times, then realized I didn't have choke pulled, when the four wheeler fired up, a big bobcat came out from under and old dock. Now I'm not real spooky, but the bobcat and me in a 12x16 building, and him running around trying to climb the walls, and me too old and crippled to run, go_away , finally he went on one side of the four wheeler and I went on the other.  In this case I think my dad had the right words, ONE WAS SCARED AND THE OTHER WAS GLAD.  I think tomorrow I will bang the side of the building before I invade his new house. ;D
Too much work-not enough pay.

fishpharmer

Even a little bobcat woulda got my attention in that situation.  Guess your ole ticker is in good shape :D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Coon

Maybe you better take some bait and lure him away from your teritory if he's there again.  We had to do that with a lynx that was taking up residence in one of our sheds up at hunting camp.  We baited with raw meat maybe 50 yards or so away from camp.  This seemed to keep him kinda at bay.  he/she kept its distance from anyone but was always around.  After about the third or four day he would sit on the top of the hill aand growl and hiss until we took him his vitals...... kinda think he had us figured out or something.  :D

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SamB

This thread reminds me of one of my favorite Jerry Clower stories.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AX9QoFhEhI

Texas Ranger

The man was country to the core, and a fine gentleman at that.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

brdmkr

Quote from: Texas Ranger on January 12, 2010, 12:14:41 PM
The man was country to the core, and a fine gentleman at that.

Yes, and he made the whole family laugh without having to fear what the kids might hear. 
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

submarinesailor

Quote from: fishpharmer on January 11, 2010, 11:31:23 PM
Even a little bobcat woulda got my attention in that situation.  Guess your ole ticker is in good shape :D

I think I would have needed to check my shorts!!!!!!!!! :o ;D :D ::)

Bruce

Skip

:D Man they sure dont make em like him any more.I got 3 broke ribs right now and shouldn't have listened to that.Ribs are hurtin,but what a story teller. When I get healed up I' m gonna go dig out some of his albums.

CLL

Talked to man that owns farm where we hunt and told him the story. Seems he likes to see the bobcats and doesn't want them shot. I told him the first time the bobcat run up my leg he would be a goner, he laughed and said if he did the same to him he would be a goner too.

submarinesailor

Quote from: CLL on January 13, 2010, 09:40:39 PM
I told him the first time the bobcat run up my leg he would be a goner.

I think that if a bobcat ran up my leg, I'd be a goner. :o :o :o  Think my heart would have a fit. :D :D :D

Bruce

SwampDonkey

I still get startled when I see a squirrel in the basement stashing his pine cones. One decided in the last few days to move in. I just shovel his pine cone stash into the furnace. Tough love, so to speak. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

CLL

Sort of like the song Ray Stevens sang about the squirrel in the church. Got everybody in the church rededicated. :D

SwampDonkey

De ja vue, there was a thread just a week or two ago I posted a Youtube video of his song in a thread. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!