iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Penny our Labrador and her pups experiencing water

Started by WildDog, January 16, 2010, 10:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildDog

A few pics of Penny our Lab and her last litter whelped Sept enjoying a dip. We breed for temperament, type and utility and like to send all pups to their new owners with a love of the water so I spend a lot of time jumping in and out of water holes and creeks on the place. The new dam I put in drops off suddenly to 16ft deep so there is no touching the bottom. This dam is a 3 mile round trip which gets them used to vehicles and motion, every day has new experiences. :)

I kept one pup, Missy and at 4mths she now takes her self for a swim across the river at the house when she gets hot, I hope to gun dog trial her, yesterday was the 1st day at obedience classes and I was proud of her, she did what was required, loved everyone and their dogs, can't ask for better than that.

Mum and pups at a dam

Angus and his charges

The softly softly approach to water, don't want to get them out of their comfort zone....yet

I am teaching Angus to take to water as well

There is 3 pups in the pic, you can just make out the head of 1 between mum and half submerged sister

If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Magicman

I don't know what you are feeding them, but it certainly has them healthy.  Nothing cuter than pups exploring new surroundings.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Good idea.Do it when they are young.Much easier that way.Especially with Mom there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

Great pictures WD, thank you.  :)

I'm a fan of that breed myself.

WildDog

Magicman I am only feeding them high protein kibble and some paddock shot roo meat sparingly, its what they feed themselves on like, shoes, verandah steps, garden hoses, horse manure and anything growing in the vege patch that packs on the weight.

Norm they are nice pups, i like the chocolates we don't have any in our females lines ATM.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Thank You Sponsors!