iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 020 questions

Started by deerslayer, January 09, 2013, 11:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerslayer

Have an opportunity to acquire a non running 020. This is an early version top handle and has no chain brake or other modern things.

So the question, in light of the jump in values lately of the venerable MS200T, is this 020 something that would be worth bothering with as a "fix and resell" saw? They want $50 for it and it probably needs carb and fuel line work. (don't most saws need that nowadays?)

Anyway, thanks for any input. I have never run one of these so have no experience with them.
Too many chainsaws, not enough wood.
Stihl, Husky, Craftsman, Mac, Homelite, Poulan. Some live here, some just passing through.

Al_Smith

I don't think in the real world they fetch a whole lot .Now maybe in the fantisy world of flea bay they might or the sellers have dillussions of granduer about what someone might pay .Fact I think there are several right now they are trying for 300 .Now if they get it noone would really ever know once it goes off auction .
Don't be surprised though if it pops right back on several days later which is often the case .
50 is probabley is not a bad price though if it's complete .

JuniperBoss

It sounds like it would be pretty hard to sell, at least for a price that makes you profit. After fixing it up, putting in a few parts etc. it still might be tough to sell. Maybe the saw is in great shape, I don't know, but people are cautions about buying old, used and perhaps not so efficient or unsafe saws (I would be). I can't really help you on this one. If it's in good shape, and not VERY old, maybe someone would like to have it and use it.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

Thank You Sponsors!