iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

041 Farm Boss restoration.

Started by HiramAbiff, March 19, 2013, 10:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiramAbiff

My dad bought a Stihl 041 Farm Boss back in the 70's, and we still have her today.  We haven't fired the saw in over 10 years as she got pretty tired and we bought a couple of new saws.  I would like to breathe some new life in this workhorse who never failed us. 

I live in St. Louis Missouri, and my dad lives in Owensville.  Anyone have recommendations of a trusty surgeon and/or a place to get parts.

clww

First, welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Next, there will be others on here to chime in with much useful advice and information. I would suggest one of the Forum sponsors, "Chainsawr". Click on any of the icons on the left side margin for their websites.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Al_Smith

HiramAbiff eh .Hmm . ;)

You can find the parts for that old bone shaker if you look around .

Might not be much wrong with it except a carb rebuild ,some seals and a set of rings .Might not even need rings .Get it running lots of times after the rings get limbered up they do just fine .More times than not they got shelved simpley because one fatefull day they refused to start .

bandmiller2

Hiram,I have an 041 in like new condition and enjoy using it.I do think though with old saws their only worth fixing if you can do the work.If you have to have a saw jocky fix it and supply the parts your better off buying a new saw. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!