iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jonsered 920 oiler question

Started by Brad Thompson, December 13, 2004, 08:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Thompson

I have read on this forum that more oil is better on the bar, since it is cheap compared to everything else.  I can't find the oiler adjustment on my saw.  Where in the heck is it?  Right now, I run out of oil and gas at the same time.  Is that ok or should I use more oil?
Wherever you go, there you are!

Lewis Brander

Hello bamabama1. The old rule of thumb is roughly 1 tank of oil for everytank of gas. I would say the the saw isn't over oiling too much at all. The newer saw oil a lot less and guys do various things to try and apply more oil ( open up the adjuster, modify the adjuster, drill out the out put hole a drill size or two, etc). I would say that the bar oil amount your using should be adequate to lubricte the bar and chain. JMO. Lewis.
My hobby is restoring old saw. Just because it's old, doesn't mean she can't run and look good again. Take care. Lewis Brander.

Brad Thompson

Thanks, Lewis.  I don't figure I am over oiling, but I was wondering if more was better.  My dad said that you should have to add oil and gas at the same time, so I am right by him.  I was just wondering if I should increase it above than norm.

Lewis Brander

Hi Brad. If it were mine, I'd leave her alone. You take care. Lewis.
My hobby is restoring old saw. Just because it's old, doesn't mean she can't run and look good again. Take care. Lewis Brander.

pallis

As long as you have a little oil left when the fuel runs out, you don't need to worry.  Quite a few years back I had a 920 with a 24 inch bar, and had it set where both tanks had to be filled at the same time.  

Brad Thompson

Like my Dad always says, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!".  I think I will leave it adjusted where it is.  Thanks.

Kevin

QuoteWhere in the heck is it?

Bottom of the saw, look up through the opening and you should see the screw.

Brad Thompson

Thanks, Kevin.  It is good to know where it is, but it sounds like I shouldn't mess with increasing the output.

Thank You Sponsors!