iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Badger

Started by Doeslyr, February 24, 2020, 06:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doeslyr

Is there Badgers in Oklahoma?

btulloh

I knew one that moved there after he graduated U of W, but I expect there'll be a lot more Sooners and Cowboys there.
HM126

olcowhand

Why do I want to reply?: "Badgers! Badgers! We don't need no stinking Badgers!"
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

bluthum

Without researching it I'll bet there are recent records of badgers in Oklahoma. I believe there have been recent reports in western AR and know for sure there are authenticated recent records in Boone Co. AR. Seems the species is on the move.

Texas Ranger

In the United States, the American badger can be found from the west coast to Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan and Indiana. It is also found in southern Canada in British Columbia, Manitoba, Alberta, and Saskatchewan.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

firefighter ontheside

I've never seen a badger in MO, but I know they're supposed to be here.  I've not seen mountain lions or bears, but I know they're here too.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Texas Ranger

I have spent 65 years are better in the woods in Missouri and Texas and have never seen a badger, but have seen bear and cougar.  I think badger is more an open land critter rather than the woods.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

wisconsitom

Correct, Texas Ranger-badgers are/were essentially prairie animals.  That said, brother and I passed a large road kill a couple weeks ago on way to farm.  Bald eagle was working it over as we passed by and the eagle flew off.  But the dead beast was light-colored, large, and for my eyes, appeared more like a badger than anything else.  But this was in an area of thick woods, not open country.  There's farms around there, so I don't know....we didn't stop.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

trapper

I have seen them in wisconsin
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: wisconsitom on February 26, 2020, 09:35:07 AM
Correct, Texas Ranger-badgers are/were essentially prairie animals.  That said, brother and I passed a large road kill a couple weeks ago on way to farm.  Bald eagle was working it over as we passed by and the eagle flew off.  But the dead beast was light-colored, large, and for my eyes, appeared more like a badger than anything else.  But this was in an area of thick woods, not open country.  There's farms around there, so I don't know....we didn't stop.
Any water close by? Did you see the tail? Any chance it could have been a beaver? They will travel a lot farther from water sometimes than people think.

We went up to Bar Harbor Maine several years back and I saw my first porcupine, a several day old road kill. It looked as big as a beaver. I thought they were the size of a raccoon. 

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

wisconsitom

Wet, swampy, wooded area.  The kind of northern woods that is full of white-cedar....very thick.  I'd considered beaver, but all the beavers I've seen tended towards darker brown fur.  This guy was really light.  But we had a truck behind us and could not slow down for a better look.  To be honest, that big white-headed eagle taking off right over my windshield surprised the heck out of me.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

WV Sawmiller

I know most beavers are dark but I suspect there are different color phases of them just like with black bears and such. Good luck finding out what it was.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Autocar

I have seen one here where I am located and know of two that was live trapped by the D.N.R. and relocated from construction sites
Bill

dgdrls

North American Badgers cousin, Stoffle,

I don't think I would chase him down empty handed,
not with those claws and mouth full of nails,

YouTube

D

Bandmill Bandit

Badgers wont pick a fight with a person but they will turn on you if they feel threatened and the buggers are some mean and quick. Very few dogs stand a chance against them.  
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Thank You Sponsors!