iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heatmor door hoses..

Started by dave_dj1, February 05, 2020, 04:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave_dj1

I went to load the stove at 7 last night like always and when I opened the door a little stream of water came at me from the lower hose, I shut the door and it basically stopped!
I ran to the garage and grabbed a pair of water hose vice grips to crimp the hose off, my pvc cutter and a nut driver for the clamp. I grabbed the wife and had her take my new rubber coated glove. I clamped the hose, luckily it was right at the nipple coming out of the stove, and un did the clamp, pulled the line off and she plugged it with the rubber glove, I cut the hose and slid it back on and tightened the clamp. We got a little wet but all in all not bad, I don"t think I lost a half gallon of water. I picked up new hose and new clamps today. Not sure if I should swap them or just be ready? I am very thankful it wasn't 20 below zero  :)

thecfarm

Mine break in the same spot. At least you had help!!
You should may it until things warm up. Seems like where the hose bends is where it splits. So you have a new place for it to bend. 
But I would have a new hose, just in case. You will need to replace it no matter what.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed

I just replace them every other year before the stove gets fired up.

Much easier when the water is cold.

Ed

1countryboy

Keep extra hose in your shop.  The hose gets hard and brittle from heat.  Preventive - change when u note is not pliable.  I have thought about a valve on boiler top side where the upper door hose goes into the storage area.  Very simple fix when the water is cold.  Take care when water is hot.
Ohio Certified Tree Farm, Ohio Centennial Farms, Ashland County Soil Conservation Award., USDA/ASCS/FSA forest management(TSI) 1963 to present, retired educator, NOT retired farmer and a real farm shop to fix all my old equipment.

dave_dj1

I picked up some new clamps and 6' of 3/4" hose. I hope I can put it off until spring. :)

Thank You Sponsors!