iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 090 has squeak in engine.

Started by acco1840, July 05, 2011, 02:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acco1840

My old 090 has developed an internal squeak that gets worse with engine revs, but doesnt go away on idle. Have taken off clutch to tryu that, and made no different. Tried the same with the starter. Any ideas?? I took off the muffler, and it (the squeak) became louder.....

ladylake

Could be a bearing going out, time to pull the jug and look.    steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

clww

I would guess a bearing, too. Especially since you pulled the muffler and it got louder.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

SwampDonkey

Bearing, it'll soon make a nice rattle. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

acco1840

Found out what it was.........She broke a piston. :(

ladylake

Good to find that out before it grenaded, check those bearings while you have it apart.  Also make sure there's no broken piston parts hiding in the crankcase.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

SwampDonkey

Just speculative here, but musta been a bad ring(s) or bearing to eh?

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

acco1840

yeah, rings were loose in the groove.

acco1840

Pulled her down and discovered it had let go the big end bearing that holds the Conrod to the crank and it drove bits of it through the piston. Not happy. Luckily, the conrod is the old un-Boltable type, but sadly, it buggered the crankshaft. Am in the process of bolting all of my bits (Coil, clutch, Carb, Handles etc), to another 070. Got new set of genuine 070 rings from local Stihl dealer- $28 each!!
Will be firing her up tomorrow.

SwampDonkey

sharkey

>>Got new set of genuine 070 rings from local Stihl dealer- $28 each!!<<

Wowie!  Gold plated?

Thank You Sponsors!