iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logosol PH260

Started by logloper, January 16, 2011, 10:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logloper

Finally got our Ph260 up and going last week. It was much more complicated to get set up correctly than I expected. Really tried my patience,but my wife finally got it all figured out.It exceeded my expectations in both speed and quality,easily keeps 2 people working.I am very happy with it and the help I have gotten from Logosol.
             Do any of you have your own sharpener for the knives? Please share your experiences in this area. Debating whether to sharpen my own,or send them off. Thanks

laffs

will the 260 take the wood from 1" to 3/4" at 26 ftpm ? i was thinking somewhere  down the road of getting a 4 sider
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

jdtuttle

I have a tormek sharpener I use to sharpen. I only sharpen the planer blades twice then buy new. Tormek sells a molding knife attachment to sharpen molding knives. I have one but haven't used it yet. I also never plane anything over 12" so I only buy the 12" knives & install them in the upper cutter. I really like my 260 :)
jim
Have a great day

logloper

Laffs,
     I  dont know if it will take the board down that far at that speed. I would have to time and measure it. I was running circle sawn lumber, so I ran it all through once skip planeing it. Then we ran it through once to profile it.

AvT

logloper- I'd be interested to hear how that machine is working out for you.  What you are doing with it, your production and quality.
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Thank You Sponsors!