iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New guy with new trouble

Started by Clintock, September 10, 2019, 09:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clintock

First off appreciate the add.
I’ve searched everywhere I can here and can not find how to adjust the Oiler on a small Husqvarna 120 mark 2. It’s using a tank of oil to half a tank of saw gas. Meaning I’m running the bar dry way before I empty fuel tank. I’ve searched that thing over like I’m looking for gold and can’t find where to adjust the oiler. Usually a little screw under the sprocket. Or above. Ain’t one there. This is a new saw and still under warranty. The place I got from does not do the warranty work. It had done this from day one.  Does this little brush saw have an adjustment for the oiler?? Thanks for any replies.

lxskllr

Welcome! I don't have first hand experience, but many times saws in the "homeowner" category don't have adjustable oilers. You get what you get, and I guess it's supposed to be close enough. Since you can't find a screw, I'm guessing there isn't one.

Old Greenhorn

Welcome to the forum.
 That saw has a fixed automatic oiler. There is no adjustment. I would suggest that if it were working properly you would not run out of il before fuel. Now from that point of view, the oil has to be going somewhere. Do you have excess oil anywhere? Is the bottom of the saw wet? It could be that the bar is not sealing up properly where it get oil and it is just running out. It could also be that the oil line has come off (it happens) and no oil is getting to the bar. Is the chain dry? At that rate it should be pretty soaked. I suggest looking for the root cause. Tell us what you see and maybe we can help you think it through.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Clintock

Everything is like it's supposed to be. Doesn't leak any out of the oil tank. Just pours from saw when it's running. I'll call Husqvarna and see what I need to do about replacing it. It's only a month old. Knew I shoulda stuck with stihl. 

motohed

You could try a thicker grade of bar oil IE summer weight .

luap

I have a Husqvarna 440 home owner saw   Behind the inner plate of the bar mount is the vent for the oil tank. You will see a round porous brass coarse filter. Behind that is a rubber duck bill that lets air in only at the rate of the oil being pumped to the bar. I would pop that brass filter out and check that the duck bill is intact. The non pro saws do not have an adjustable oiler. The oil pump is located behind the clutch and is very simple. I would remove the clutch and check it out. I would bet your oil system is identical.

ManjiSann

Quote from: motohed on October 09, 2019, 03:34:11 PM
You could try a thicker grade of bar oil IE summer weight .
What brand oil are you using? I've read some of the cheaper ones can be pretty thin. I've had good experience with Husqvarnas chain oil.
If the saw is under warranty I'd definitely take it back and either have it repaired or swapped out. The saws are specifically designed NOT to run out of oil before fuel.
If you decide to try and fix it yourself I can tell you they are pretty simple. I fixed had to fix the oil breather tube on a Poulan chainsaw which is made by Husky and I thought it was surprisingly simple:
http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=107529.msg1677159#msg1677159
Brandon 
Poulan Pro 5020AV, Husky 390XP

Thank You Sponsors!