iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Beech slab drying

Started by Lbpeley, March 24, 2020, 05:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lbpeley

I'm in mid michigan. I milled some beech slabs for a table top I want to build. The slabs are 8/4 x 10' long x 22" wide. I milled them in late July of '19. There's 5 slabs in all. They sat covered outside with spacing for a few weeks then went into my air conditioned barn, again with 2" to 4" spacing between them. Temps range from 65 to 70 in there. Low humidity due to the A/C. 
 I heat with wood in there and about 2-3 times a week I heat it up to around 70-75 while I dink around for several hours at a time. How long am I looking at these taking to dry properly? Any tips for properly drying them? I sealed the ends. There's not much cupping or twisting so far, just minor. 
Thanks for any input.

WDH

Just relying on time to determine if sawn lumber is dry unless you go way overboard has not been too reliable for me. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Lbpeley

Maybe a better question is what MC am I looking for with a table top? 

K-Guy

Quote from: Lbpeley on March 25, 2020, 11:07:03 AMMaybe a better question is what MC am I looking for with a table top? 

For indoor use 8% outdoor 12-15%
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Thank You Sponsors!