iDRY Vacuum Kilns

SPACE AVAILABLE

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

SPACE AVAILABLE
Turbosawmill

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Timber buddy mill.  (Read 8939 times)

Offline mudfarmer

• Senior Member x2
  • Mama Tried
    • Share Post
Re: Timber buddy mill.
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2023, 01:24:59 AM »
It is real nice having air at the mill 👍😎 At the circle mill it had been setup by the original guy with a compressor on the Detroit and a couple decent shop size tanks, with drops plumbed all over. The "throttle" was actuated with ain air brake can, normal dash valve at the sawyer's station. 

At the end of the day you have high volume high pressure air to clean off the mill and live deck, by the edger, conveyors (long wand nozzles on drops++) and you have air available for cylinders, air tools etc

Glad to hear it is cranking along!  Maybe there is a guy with tt loads of low grade red oak that needs turned into fence boards?? Long shot I know  :)

Offline woodduckhunter

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2023, 04:26:50 PM »
Hi all, any new reports on these mills?  I thought I had all of the bugs worked out of my new mill, but it doesnt seem as if that is ever going to happen.  So, it has to go down the road before the 2000 hr warranty.  Currently at about 500 and need to make a decision with lead times, etc.  Have got it narrowed down to the timber buddy or meadows/hurdle.  But, if I can get the production numbers up there would rather run the band setup.  Thoughts?

Offline BargeMonkey

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2023, 04:44:04 PM »
 I can let you know in a few months, been so busy I don't think there's 300hrs on this one now. It puts wood out, not horrible on fuel, the 2.5" bands are nicer, overbuilt bearings. It's Amish made, your going to find some things that make you scratch your head a little. 

Offline moodnacreek

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawin by the notches
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2023, 08:57:15 PM »
Unless you have a vertical edger on the mill a big edger is the way to go. I passed on several combo edgers back in the 90's cheap and i kick myself these days for not buying one. Didn't have the experiance back then. To get by with my board edger I have a 4 speed trans in the feed drive and in first gear I can edge 3" locust and single cut 4". Putting stuff back on the carriage with the mill I have now is too much trouble. Get a big edger.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

SPACE AVAILABLE