iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Built rite 24 hpw

Started by logman81, January 24, 2022, 10:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Does anyone here happen to own one im considering upgrading from my lafont and wanted to know the pros and cons of the built rite splitter. 
Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

The model I'm referring to is the 24 hpw if anyone has one I'd like to know how they like it.

logman81

Didn't have any response in the firewood section so I figured I'd try here. I'm considering buying a used built rite 24 hpw and wanted to know if anyone had one here. What do you think of it likes dislikes any problems that sort of thing before I take a look at it.

BargeMonkey

Anything Built-rite is a good product. I think John is getting out of it but his son has taken over more, I had a built-rite processor for almost 20yrs and zero issues, another forum member here has one and zero issues. It's a component machine, I would take one hands down any day of the week over a Timberwolf, I had a TW-5 and WAS NOT impressed. 

logman81

Ok yeah from the few who I have talked to say they are happy with them and seem to be a solid machine. A plus side is they are still in business unlike lafont which is what I am sending to a new owner in the next couple days. I had a tw5 also and was not all that happy with the machine either the floating wedge drove me nuts!

chet

Quote from: logman81 on January 26, 2022, 09:30:59 AM
Didn't have any response in the firewood section so I figured I'd try here. 
Friendly reminder: duplicate posts started to different sections of the forum are not permitted.  
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

logman81

oh well to bad cause I wasn't getting any response in the other section so....

PoginyHill

Never owned a Bilt-Rite, but I've had a used Allwood splitter for about a year. The design seems almost identical. I'm happy with the Allwood. Biggest difference between these two and other commercial units is the movable (horizontal) wedge: To split wood with only the main wedge, the movable one is lowered. For most other models, the wedge is raised.

My only "complaint" was the opening. Advertised as a 24" splitter. The opening was about exactly that; so the claim is accurate. But I cut my firewood 24", so with any pieces cut slightly over 24", they wouldn't fit. I ended up cutting back the wedge so the opening now is about 24-3/4".

I made a couple other modifications. I'll try to get some pics this weekend.
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

47sawdust

If that is the one on FB marketplace it doesn't seem to have a log lift.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

logman81

The lifts are a option for them.

logman81

I can always get the lift and extra wedges at a later date I have a tractor to lift any big wood should I come across something I can't lift myself. 

logman81

Well im picking the new to me splitter on Sunday first built rite machine I've owned. 

Thank You Sponsors!