iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Insurance

Started by clemsonee, April 21, 2022, 10:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clemsonee

What are some reputable companies that can provide insurance on vacant land in the United States? I was trying to get it through USLI but they don't want to provide coverage if I ride an ATV on my land. 

SwampDonkey

Up here in Canada you can easily get liability insurance for the land and insure your ATV for your land and places that support a trail network. I never heard of not being insured because I drive my ATV across it. I'd run away from that outfit. What if someone else runs across it and drives it into an old well or cellar and becomes paralyzed? One exclusion on the ATV will be that it won't be covered if you try to use it as a boat. We've all seen nuts on Youtube trying. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

PoginyHill

What sort of damage are you looking to insure against? Liability if someone gets hurt? Or something else?
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

peakbagger

Check to see if the state has recreational liability laws in place. In NH and Maine no need to liability insurance unless the land is posted. Unless the owner creates an intentional hazard (like a booby trap) anyone using the land recreationally cannot sue the owner. Lawyers are always trying to get around the laws but the courts throw out these suits routinely. 

clemsonee

Yes, I was looking for liability insurance that would cover me if someone else was hurt on the property (invited or not). I'll check on the recreational liability laws. 

farmfromkansas

I have a farm owners policy, that is like a homeowners policy, but it covers my house plus puts liability insurance on my farmland. Also covers my farm equipment for liability and my mill.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

PoginyHill

If you have homeowners' insurance, they will often include raw land under your existing policy. That is the case with a woodlot I own.
Kubota M7060 & B2401, Metavic log trailer, Cat E70B, Cat D5C, 750 Grizzly ATV, Wallenstein FX110, 84" Landpride rotary hog, Classic Edge 750, Stihl 170, 261, 462

TroyC

I found vacant land in Georgia is difficult to insure. A hunting liability policy is all I could find.

clemsonee

I was able to find someone in SC. I appreciate the responses. 

Thank You Sponsors!