iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood Heat Treating Kiln Schedule

Started by SawyerTed, April 28, 2022, 07:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerTed

I have  two 90 MBFT kilns with plenty of firewood baskets to load the kiln with firewood.  I'm heating the kilns with steam from a 400 hp English boiler.  Think 60 cord kiln here. I have two. The kilns are lumber package kilns versus cart kilns. 

I'm looking for suggestions for kiln schedules to get to the 165° for 75 minutes standard.  I have full automated 24/7 control of both kilns from the base computer and my phone. 

I'm interested in discussions here that help me get to a workable schedule.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

K-Guy

I take it that you want to dry as well as heat treat. Set your wet bulb 30 points lower than your dry bulb and continue to drop it till the wood is below 20%, then do your heat treat. There is no proper schedule for firewood that I know of but this works for many. The problem is consistency, the different sizing used by one producer to another varies.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Thank You Sponsors!