iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Small tree harvester

Started by ID4ster, May 14, 2022, 06:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ID4ster

I need some help. Somewhere in this forum there is a thread from a guy in Montana that modified a tracked skidsteer to cut small timber and extract it from thick stands. I'd like to see that thread again and see if I can talk with that guy but I can't find the thread. As I recall it was about 4-5 years ago that I saw the thread. I remember that he modified that machine himself. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
BH/7RF 
Bob Hassoldt
Seven Ridges Forestry
Kendrick, Idaho
Want to improve your woodlot the fastest way? Start thinning, believe me it needs it.

Riwaka

There are a lot of attachments for compact track loaders and wheel skid steers. Wide range of tracks/ a few different track attachments for more grip.
Depends on the size of the trees.

Ryans dangle head on Bobcat
Ryan's Equipment DS20 - YouTube

Timber tale (rear grapple) and shear on compact track loader.
bobcat cutting and skidding logs - YouTube

The Bell TH120 could have done with some more development. No rubber tire problems like on the 3 wheel logger models. Visibility better. Saw & engine are a bit further away from the operator. Single grouser d3 spec tracks for a bit more traction. Not a high cost like the multiwheel Euro built wheel harvesters. To cut worthless timber you require a low price machine.
Gersy's Bell TF120 B feller buncher - YouTube

barbender

I remember the thread you are talking about, but I can't remember his name. He had an ASV he built a disc bunching head for, and a seperate dangle grapple for moving the wood. 
Too many irons in the fire

barbender

ID4ster

Thanks Barbender, That is exactly the thread I was looking for. It appears that he hasn't been on this site since 2017. Is he here under another name?
Bob Hassoldt
Seven Ridges Forestry
Kendrick, Idaho
Want to improve your woodlot the fastest way? Start thinning, believe me it needs it.

barbender

Thank You Sponsors!