iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shinto file

Started by 21incher, January 05, 2023, 08:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

I was struggling to round over a live edge board in a video and one of my subscribers recommended I try a Shinto saw file. I had never heard of one before and bought one to try. It's a nice lightweight substitute for a rasp that is what they use in Japan that I really like. Here's a video about trying it out. Only issue was it needs a cap for the front grip area.
Trying Out A Shinto Japanese Saw File L 250mm And A Simple Mod To Save Skin - YouTube
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Ljohnsaw

Neat tool.  I like your simple fix for the tip.  I was expecting a 3d printed item ;) :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Larry

Good review.  Thanks for doing it. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

21incher

Quote from: ljohnsaw on January 05, 2023, 01:07:13 PM
Neat tool.  I like your simple fix for the tip.  I was expecting a 3d printed item ;) :D
Almost made something but nothing like instant satisfaction when I find something that works. 

Quote from: Larry on January 05, 2023, 09:24:35 PM
Good review.  Thanks for doing it. :)

Thanks.  I figured there were others like me that never heard of it. It's a nice light substitute for rasps and files. I just love the feel of Japanese tools and still have to learn how to use it properly. 

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Dan_Shade

I have one of the two handed versions.  I like it,  in fact my son and I broke it out for a pinewood derby car this evening. 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!