iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tractor flip over

Started by woodmills1, May 10, 2005, 08:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

My door bell rang last night at 10:45.  I looked at Kathy and said who the he__ is this and it better be good.  It was my new neighbor, he had flipped his tractor over moving dirt in the dark.  I got him uprighted but man! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Haytrader

It is a good sign that he was there to knock on your door.

:)
Haytrader

maple flats

Sure hope he knows to quit at dark. Life is too short to shorten it more.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

redpowerd

so he needed help righiting it?

fill us in,
my neighbor, naomis great uncle, rolled a minne mo with a bucket and a round bale, over about seven times into the st lawrence over about a nintey foot cliff

the shifter ripped his leg apart and still the old bast--d refuses to walk with a cane.

they pulled his tractor out of the river and all that was left was the motor and rear.

we seen the tracks and cant beleive how he got off that tractor, God works....
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

woodmills1

He was on a side slope with half a bucket of dirt.  It looks like the bucket was over 2 feet up and it also looked like the little back hoe was turned just a little toward the down hill side.  It is a ford, newer but not brand new with ROPS and cab, a little bigger than my Kioti LK3054.  He was cutting into the side slope to create a more level path from his new barn toward the pond and it looks like the up hill wheels were on hard dirt/grass and the down hill wheels were in soft stuff or he might have gotten stuck there before and rutted up the down hill side.  He did have his seat belt on which kept him from being flung onto the big rock that the side of the cab hit.  It was over on its side nearly horizontal with all kinds of leakking going on when I got there.  He had about 5 keys on the key ring and the force broke the ford key off in the starter switch. 

I knew when I got there the combination of position and it beig a little larger than my tractor with back hoe meant my Kioti wouldnt do the job.  I hooked a chain over the tire and around the base of the ROPS and used his toyata tundra in low range four wheel, and Ill be Dangd ifin it didn't come right up.  Just some bent metal on the cab.

Also the neighbor some how clipped his fingers in the toyota door getting out of it and I found out yesterday he later got attacked by the beaver while he was comiserating down by the pond.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Furby

Quote from: woodmills1 on May 11, 2005, 07:10:17 AM
Also the neighbor some how clipped his fingers in the toyota door getting out of it and I found out yesterday he later got attacked by the beaver while he was comiserating down by the pond.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Poor guy!

Sure am glad he didn't get hurt worse though!

customsawyer

Tell him to count his blessings. Neighbor of mine went out last year and got his truck stuck so he got his MF 35 to pull it out when we found him he had hooked the chain to the pin where the toplink would hook up to the tractor and the tractor was on top of him his wife works at our 911 center and she got the call to send the ambalance he didn't make it and that is just to sad for as good a man as he was. He would help anybody in the comunity that needed it and we all miss him.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

woodmills1

in retrospect It was a good thing I did see him dazed and confused as he was.  Havent heard the tractor for 2 days now have to go tell him about the get back on the horse/bicycle thing. ::)

Quartlow

Man working in the dark just isn't worth it sometimes. Wifes cousin got killed a few years back brush hogging some stuff at a land fill, His wife found him when she went out looking for him after he didin't come home. As near as they can figure he got one side of the tractor onto some palstic they had layed out and he slid it sideway over the high wall. Tractor was totaled the brush hog got a rebuild. but a good man lost his life working late so he wouldn't have to come back the next day.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

sawguy21

A friend was killed working a tricycle gear row crop on a side hill. Life is already too short. No point hastening the process. I may take a little longer but I try to think it through first.  Not like when I was young and bulletproof :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

woodmills1

I went to see him today, he is alright but his fingers are black and blue from the car door :o

firtol88

There's men who drink Guinness, and there's men who drink what's left when we're done with it.

* Note to Democrats, yes please flee to Canada!

woodmills1

Thank You Sponsors!