iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My little buddy

Started by sawguy21, October 11, 2023, 10:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

I came home this afternoon to find my best bud, a Shih-Tzu named Millie, dead on the living room floor. She had been lethargic since yesterday morning, didn't want to go out and wouldn't eat. This really hurts, she has been my constant companion for eight years. I'm sorry, I'm a mess right now.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Southside

I am so sorry to hear that. My guys are my kids so I completely understand what Millie means to you.  I balled my eyes out when I lost my Basset, Little Miss Muffet, a year ago in July, still think about her, but I focus on the good memories knowing I will see her again one day.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Nebraska

Sorry to read this, that sucks. I understand  your pain all too well.

Wudman

Sorry to hear of your loss.  Those little guys really take hold of our lives.  God Bless.
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

newoodguy78

I'm sorry to hear this, certainly a hard thing to deal with. Lost my black lab Dixie 5 years ago, that was rough. Think about her daily.

moodnacreek

Never trust a man who wouldn't own a dog. It is a shame they don't live as long as we do. Really sorry for your loss.

Tom King

So sorry.  Any of us are lucky if no long suffering has to be endured before we leave.

barbender

I'm very sorry to hear that, Sawguy. They are really family.
Too many irons in the fire

Walnut Beast

Most of us dog lovers know your pain. Hang in there it hurts! 

fluidpowerpro

So sorry for your loss. It's tough. Be grateful for the time you had together and know that she's missing you too.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

stavebuyer

thecfarm

That is sad news to hear.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SawyerTed

So sorry.  I know exactly how you feel.  A few weeks ago we lost an almost 16 year old dog.  She went everywhere I went here on the farm.  

They have a way of wheedling into your heart and make life a little better along the way.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

kelLOGg

Loss of a pet is always tragic, regardless of your age. I've been there too.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

bluthum

Sorry to hear, I know the pain of losing your best companion well.

Bruno of NH

I'm sorry to read this Sir
As you know I'm a dog person.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jeff

So sorry to hear. It seems that the older I get, the more important my dogs become to me.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

So very sorry to learn of the loss of your best buddy and know full well what this means and how bad it can feel. I have lost several over the years and it never gets easier, in fact, I think it gets harder because as Jeff mentioned, we get even more dependent on their companionship.
 When our last pup passed on, just like yours, my wife said 'no more dogs, it hurts too much when they pass on'. Now we have two cats, which allow us to travel a bit more.
 I wish you healing and peace my friend.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

sawguy21

Thank you for your support. She was my sole companion since Karen passed and although she could be a real nuisance brought so much comfort into my life. It just wasn't right getting up this morning without her waiting to go outside.

Old saw fixer

I've been there sawguy and understand the loss of a furry buddy.  We had to put down our Basset several years ago, I am finally ready for another cold nose...
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

WV Sawmiller

My heartfelt condolences. I have a little Rat Terrier who is my knock around buddy and I can understand your attachment and imagine your loss.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

I was offered a rescue today but am nowhere near ready to accept another one into my heart. Maybe when spring comes.

Southside

Don't think of the rescue as a replacement, more like a soul that needs a home. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Larry

I feel your pain.  So sorry for your loss.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

boonesyard

I never new Millie, but I choke up immediately when I read about our Forestry Forum members losing their best friends, there's not much that hurts more. When they go, part of us goes with them, they are special beyond words. We never forget them.

So sorry for your loss. 

LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

Thank You Sponsors!