Car trouble

Started by Texas Ranger, May 05, 2008, 12:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

I think my fan belt broke.

DanG imported fan belts.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

LeeB

I take it that wood be the serpentine belt? It can be a devil snaking a new one on.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Woodchuck53

They are bigger in Texas. Now that would make you back up and sit down. I have big fanbelts (Gates about 14' on the mill) around here but you win. Thats really going to be hard to replace. CV
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

woodmills1

Now thats funny...............
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

ksu_chainsaw

I bet Jeff would of loved to see that under his hood   ;D  ;D  :D  :D

james

Quote from: ksu_chainsaw on May 05, 2008, 09:32:06 PM
I bet Jeff would of loved to see that under his hood   ;D  ;D  :D  :D
that could probbly be done ;D ;D ;D
james

easymoney

i have heard of cats getting under a car hood and getting into the fan. this past summer my cousin started up his van and heard a racket under the hood. it was an old tomcat. the fan did not kill him but he was so bad we had to finish him off. he made a little snack for the buzzards.

ARKANSAWYER

Yep! if that had happened to Jeff he would not have needed the car any way.  He would still be running when he crossed the Canada line.  :D  :D  :D
ARKANSAWYER

TexasTimbers

THAT'S ONE SCARY FANg BELT.  :o
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

brdmkr

Rats, I hate when a belt snakes loose like that.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Texas Ranger

There was a story on the news tonight, I don't know if it was a local story or not, but, a pit bull had crawled up into the engine compartment of a pick up and had become stuck, no one knows how long he had been there, but  he ate all the wires and gas line.  The picture shows a head sticking up between the radiator and the fan blade.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

brdmkr

When I was a kid, I heard a god-awful commotion that was a loud 'thunk' followed by the sound of a grunting bear.  I looked around the edge of a house to see a pit bull running down the road with 2 feet of galvanized pipe stuck on his head!  I caught him and tried to pull the pipe off.  It was stuck some kind of tight.  So, I got some tin shears and called a buddy from down the road.  I had never seen this dog and he was obviously distraught.  Not wanting to take any chances, I had my friend put a rifle down the pipe with orders to shoot if that dog turned on me when the pipe was free (NOTE: Adolescent stupidity was at play here.  Something that stupid should not even be attempted by a trained professional.  In fact, if you see a trained professional doing that.... He ain't no trained professional.  Back to the story.).  Finally I get the pipe cut from his nape up to his big barrel head and ease it off not knowing what to expect.  I am certain I have never seen a more appreciative animal.  To this day, I can't figure how that dog got that pipe stuck on his head that firmly.  There is no way that I could have forced it on that tight.  All I can figure is that it was next to something pretty solid to push against and he rammed his melon in there after it.  Definitely one of the stranger (but not the strangest) animal thing I have seen.  I am sure that dog is no longer with us as that was long ago, but I'll bet he would remember me to this day.  He sure took an immediate liking to me!

Why did I write this here?
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Warbird

Quite a few years ago, I was getting ready to leave a friend's house.  He lived with his folks at the time.  I went out to start the car so it would warm up.  As I started up my car, I heard this horrible shriek, a bunch of thumping around, and then a critter went streaking off into the night.  Turned out, one of his family's cats had crawled up in the engine compartment to stay warm.  What I found under the hood was none too pleasant.  Poor thing survived but they ended up changing his name to 'Stumpy'.

Fla._Deadheader

Last year, had a cat get up into the radiator shroud. Didn't know it was there, and had to go get someone at the Bus stop. It was raining and the roar on the tin roof was loud.

I started the Jip, and Reina went berserk. There was fur flying oput from under the hood.

YEP, cat used all 9 lives, and still didn't make it.  Neighbors told everyone I killed their cat  ::) ::) ::) >:( >:( >:(
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

LeeB

Did you have to kill it 9 times Harold? :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Fla._Deadheader

No telling how many fan blades hit that cat  ??? ???

I was worried something SERIOUS had happened to the engine  ::) ::) ;D ;D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

isawlogs

But Harrold , mon ami , ya did kill da cat .  ;) :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

Monsuier, the JIP killed the cat. I just cranked it over  ::) ::) :D :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Handy Andy

All these animal stories remind me of one my Dad told me years ago.  He went up to the pasture to check the cows, and saw some wierd thing.  There was a cow head just sticking out of the ground.  When he went to check, he found the cow had walked into a wash out, and gotten stuck with just her head sticking out of the ditch.  He had quite a time getting the old bag out of that hole.  But she did survive.  Jim
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Thank You Sponsors!