iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

trucking rates

Started by loghauler, March 09, 2010, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loghauler

I was wondering what the going rate for self loading log trucks is now-a-days. I haul logs on my flat bed trailer for a couple of different guys but not sure what the rates are for self loaders. when I was driving log truck the rates were around $25/mbf for the first ten miles and $.50/mbf per mile after that, but that was about 9 or 10 years ago.

ErikC

There is a kenworth around here with a good size grizzly loader, hauls about 3-4000 mbf, up to 40'. He gets $120 per hour.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Bobus2003

Logs truck around here are paid by the ton $4-$15 depending on Distance

timberjack240

around here they get by the ton by the foot and some charge by the load and the mileage runs in a bracket

4genlgr

last year 2008/2009 i was paying 60/thousand for pine to go 55 miles

Rick Alger

$65/mbf s/f logs , $15/ton s/f pulp - around 60 miles.

fraggle rock

In Alberta,Canada, a tri tri self load log truck can haul 32 tonnes pay load at $130/hr. Rates depend on cycle times.

Green Wood

I live abouut 20 miles from the mill and just payed $150 a load. (about 3000 Bdf)

Jamie_C

The current trucking rate paid by most of the mills here is $0.065 x km + $6.00 so a 100 km (about 60 miles) run will get you $12.50/tonne. The only trucks around here that get paid by the hour are the float trucks. These rates are the same whether you are driving a tandem (10 wheeler), tandem & pup trailer, tri axle trailer or b-trains.

DirtForester

Quote from: loghauler on March 09, 2010, 06:41:36 PM
I was wondering what the going rate for self loading log trucks is now-a-days. I haul logs on my flat bed trailer for a couple of different guys but not sure what the rates are for self loaders. when I was driving log truck the rates were around $25/mbf for the first ten miles and $.50/mbf per mile after that, but that was about 9 or 10 years ago.

Around here it is between $35-$40 for the first ten and $0.50 per mile after that. 

Currently costing us $50/MBF to truck pine logs about 35 miles.
If it's a good tree, grow it!
www.smithandwessonforums.com

Thank You Sponsors!