iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In Trouble Again.

Started by Duane_Moore, January 10, 2004, 09:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duane_Moore

??? Well today a neighbor brought me over another Tractor. Now Judys not real happy over this, needless to say, It's broke,  as usual, it's a old one, 1972 M-F 135 Deluxe, all apart, in BIG boxes 4x4x2 fruit bins, but complete, seams the hiredman stuck it in gear (imagine that) and tore the trans up, then they tore it apart, put it in boxes took to the dealer to have fixed, dealer wanted 2600.00$ to fix it, tore 1st and 2nd 4th cluster out,  sold it to me for 250.00$ has the perkins in it, good rubber and good hyd,s got 3pt, fork lift and two other attachments with it,  Oh well I needed somthing to do, should keep me out the house for a few days, not the work. the wife won't let me back in for that long, Guess I will have to camp out in the back yard, maybe go to all the farm shows this month, this might be my out Guys, just think of it,  the Massy to Freedom,  bets that what M-F is for  HUH???? ;D ;D ;D( tricked her)   Duh----Duane ;D ;D ;D
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Paul_H

I should have neighbors like that.It sounds like a good deal!
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

etat

Cool! 8) 8) 8)  Only thing ya hate about a deal like that is the few odd bolts, nuts, or a minor part ot two somebody forgot to put in the box.  Or at least I would.  Especially with a tractor.  Tryin to save a few bucks and put a clutch in a 3020 made jest a little minor mistake putting her back together.  Only cost a mite over 5 grand to get a professional to fix my little mistake, though I did have em do some extra work while they had her apart.!!!!! :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

breederman

I've stuck my 165 in gear oncet or two,didn't have to take it THAT far apart!   as to the wife,remember it's awfully cold sleeping alone this time of year!
Together we got this !

isawlogs

For the wife or for him  ???
  I cuold take a deal like that  ::),we already have a135 in the bone yard  ;D ;D
  And I do have the gazebo I could go to ... with the artic sleeping bag
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Dave_Fullmer

Hey Duane,
You need to pick up Roger Welch's book "Old tractors and the Men who love them" subtitled "How to keep your tractors happy and your spouses running".  It might give you a few tips on the "wife problem".

I always get several laughs when I read this book.  I try to sneak my old tractors home and hide them in the woods, but the wife catches me every time.  Her count is 14 old tractors laying around.  I tell her she is counting the split ones as two tractors.  Last one I brought home was a AC C with a B rear end that some one gave me.  She has finally come to the conclusion that it doesn't pay to complain about my "old iron" habit.
If it aint Orange (AC that is) it won't run.

Corley5

Sounds like a hechuva deal to me.  That little Perkins is worth what you paid for the whole thing.  My wife doesn't even bother to complain anymore when some old iron follows me home in fact she's begun to encourage it.  She trying reverse psychology ::) but I see through that and use it to my advantage ;D ;D 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Gus

I just use the wifes horses on her when she starts to complain about my junk. ;) At least it don't eat when I'm not using it. ;D
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Dave_Fullmer

Gus,
I tried the horse arguement too.  I would tell people that I cut hay, cleaned the barn, trimmed hoofs, for 20 years without a word of complaint.  And now that I have a couple of old pieces of iron around that don't even eat hay daily all I hear is complaints.  All she says when I tell that story is "Here we go again" ???
If it aint Orange (AC that is) it won't run.

DanG

Them old Massey's was bad about hanging up. It's easy to get them loose if you know what to do. You can remove the cap where you put the tranny fluid in, stick a large screwdriver between the 2 gears right below it, and give'em a little twist. The whole thing will fall right back into place. If you try to force it to shift while it's hung up, it'll tear the whole thing up. :-/  Ya have to be careful not to lift up on the stick when you shift into reverse, or it'll hang up every time.

Duane, you could probably sell them piecesparts one by one for more than the tractor is worth in good shape.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

tawilson

If you have a Massey Ferguson, check out: http://hometown.aol.com/daustin62/Bigdeantipindex.html
Big Dean's MF tip site. I had a MF50 and that's where I learned the locked up transmission fix.
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

Duane_Moore

::) thanks for all the help Guys,have played with old tractors for years. and the web sites. they are cool, can get all kinds of parts, well guess will get a couple sacks of Bull Duram and head to the tractor shed and clean this mess up. hope all the parts are there,  someone elses mess to fix up, Love it. thanks for the  help, as for an understanding wife. well she married me now she can live with me. Hope she don't see this,   Duh--Duane ;D ;D ;D
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Duane_Moore

;)went to the sawbones this afternoon and he says will be off work for a few more months, plenty time to play with toy's, hope to pick up a sawmill in the next couple months, then look out, more B-S then ya guys can handle :D :D but till then keep me posted on the goodies Guys ,,  Duane :D :D

D._Frederick

Duane,

Sorry to hear about you being laid-up for a few more months, what has happen to you may I ask?

Duane_Moore

:'( :'(  Well I fell off the top of a big ole milling machine on my trailor, I drive a Heavy Haul truck for Keen Corp, out of Carlisle Pa. was tarping a load (about 13'6" tall) and a bungie cord broke I was installing and I fell to the ground, Busted my right Wrist up bad, that was in june 03. gots 10 steel rods and some plates in the wrist, so danG old don't heal up real quick anymore, be 60 in june. but enough of me,  thanks for asking,   Duane

Fla._Deadheader

:o Know all about breakin them 60 year old bones  ;D ;D
  Hope ya heal OK ;)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Duane_Moore

:) went down to the river today and cut some fire wood, enjoyed it imensley. on the way out stoped and cut some sugar plum trees, old ones been dead couple years, the saw cut them good but gummed up real quick, on about the third tree so much it would not hardly turn,  is this a normal problem guys? just asking, Duh---Duane

Stephen_Wiley

Duane, were you trying to 'mill' the plum logs?

Normal conventional chainsaw chains are designed to rip across the grain. When you use these chains to mill it will result in long strips (instead of chips) which will pack the clutch housing full. That is why the chain blade cutting angles must be changed in order to mill and also to remove wood from the cut.

Now in the event you knew this already and had nothing to do with your term "gumming". ;)

Plum, Cherries and other  Prunus spp. commonly have a bacterial problem which results in a gas/sap mixture called: 'gumosis'  looks like honey or STP and is much harder and sticky. Cutting through much of this will mess up the bar and chain.

Or maybe I am way off base in what you meant by 'gumming  :)
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Duane_Moore

Hay thanks for the help Stephen, must be the latter, was cross cutting, they had tore out a bunch of plums couple years ago, a fella wanted to try it for BBQ wood said his father brings him Mesquite from Tx. and he was out of it and apple, thought would try some sugar plumb for him or peach wood, cut  off about 5 feet  long, about all thats good as these a preduction trees, sure gummed up my bar in a hurry, diped it in gas and it came rite off,   the wood looks a lot like cherry wood, and smells good, stuck some in fire place and it burns real nice,  thanks for your help. Duane

Thank You Sponsors!