iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lost my best friend

Started by stumpy, August 05, 2011, 10:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpy

Lost my best friend today.  Her name was skeeter. She was a yellow lab and she was 12.  I think her heart gave out.  Not a pleasant surprise to come home and find her gone.  I just hope there's someone up in "doggie heaven" willing to throw sticks for her.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Jeff

Sorry to here that Jim. I know how much our dogs mean to us so I know its a tough thing to lose one.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LOGDOG

Awww ... Very sorry to hear that Stumpy. Our dogs mean everything to us. They're our best friends too. We don't get to have them forever, we just have to be glad we knew them for as long as we did. She was lucky to have you as a friend and provider all those years.

beenthere

Yes Jim.
Sorry to hear that.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

zopi

That sucks...
But like the movie says...all dogs go to heaven....wouldn't be much of a heaven without dogs...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Mooseherder

Sorry you lost your great friend Skeeter. :-[
We love our animals like people.  Heck probably even more.

5quarter

Stumpy,

I'm really sorry to hear that news. we lost our Coco last month at 16 and it is still very hard for us. The beautiful thing about dogs is that they have no knowledge of their own mortality and live their whole lives as though time had no end. If only we were so fortunate. Rest assured that she loved you and your family every bit as much as you loved her.

Chet  
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

D._Frederick

Stumpy,

Sorry to here of your loss, at least her dying process was short. Our Assie took several months to come to her end. All we could do wait, nothing had any effect.

jim king

SHE IS GONE

YOU CAN SHED TEARS THAT SHE IS GONE
OR YOU CAN SMILE BECAUSE SHE LIVED.
YOU CAN CLOSE YOUR EYES AND PRAY THAT SHE'LL COME BACK
OR YOU CAN OPEN YOUR EYES AND SEE ALL SHE'S LEFT.
YOU HEART CAN BE EMPTY BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEE HER
OR YOU CAN BE FULL OF THE LOVE YOU SHARED.
YOU CAN TURN YOUR BACK ON TOMORROW AND LIVE YESTERDAY
OR YOU CAN BE HAPPY FOR TOMORROW BECAUSE OF YESTERDAY.
YOU CAN REMEMBER HER AND ONLY THAT SHE'S GONE
OR YOU CAN CHERISH HER MEMORY AND LET IT LIVE ON.
YOU CAN CRY AND LOSE YOUR MIND,
BE EMPTY AND TURN YOUR BACK
OR YOU CAN DO WHAT SHE'D WANT
SMILE, OPEN YOUR EYES, LOVE AND GO ON

WildDog

Sad news there Stumpy, sorry for your loss, 12 yrs is a long time to bond. Take heart in 5quarters post.
QuoteThe beautiful thing about dogs is that they have no knowledge of their own mortality and live their whole lives as though time had no end.

We lost our Lab Penny 18 months back to snake bite but were lucky to keep a pup, "Missy" from her. Missy was ex-rayed for Hips and Elbow scores last week to see if she's ok to breed from, the results were great so all going well Penny will continue on.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

thecfarm

That is too bad.My little Boo-Boo is just about 10. Every day I am thankful for him keeping The C Farm safe.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Very sorry to hear that Stumpy, I know our house wouldn't be the same without our dogs.

Norm

So sorry to hear this stumpy, our yellow lab Ali means the world to me and I know how much it would hurt to lose her.

WDH

Stumpy, I am sorry to hear the bad news.  I still miss Miss Scarlet.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bro. Noble

Quote from: zopi on August 05, 2011, 10:28:42 PM
...all dogs go to heaven...

Well, I'm not sure my old black dog did,  but he sure deserved some kind of reward :)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

stumpy

Thanks all for your kind wishes.  She was a great dog.  I couldn't walk anywhere without her taging along.  I will miss her.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Autocar

Sorry about your lose nothing more faithful then a dog. We have one right now going on 17 every morning when I get up I exspect to see he passed, but I wake her up and carry her out side and bring her back in and shes ready for the new day  ;) I' ve buried a number of my best friends over the years and it never gets any easier  :'(
Bill

Burlkraft

Hey Jim...so sorry to hear about Skeeter.
It's hard to deal with the loss. My Rhino is 13 now and
Her day is comin' and I ain't lookin' forward to that.
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Buck

Sorry for your loss. Dog owners are kind of a reverse roll. If you are a real dog owner the dog owns you too.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

isawlogs

Its always sad to me when I hear of a friend leaving too soon.  :'(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

clww

So sorry to hear of your loss, stumpy. That is always the worst part of being a pet owner. Wish they could live as long as we do.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!