iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Road Trip!

Started by Okrafarmer, September 03, 2012, 01:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

As Poston would say (and has said before): Yeeyeeyeeyeeyee!

I am going on a road trip!
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Did I mention I just went on one Saturday? I must be such a glutton for punishment!

So where am I going, and what am I doing? Well, approximately 3 other forum members know what it's all about, but I don't think they're going to tell.  ;D Oh, and incidentally,  none of the 3 that know were among the several that I saw on Saturday.  ???  So what on earth am I up to?  :o

For now, I'll just keep y'all in suspenders.
I'm supposed to leave Tuesday.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

beenthere

Have a good trip.   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

paul case

Now you would think I would be connected with a guy that is sporting my moustache enough to know where he was going to show it off at?

Well I dont know anything about the trip so it must not be to Oklahoma!

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Okrafarmer

Hmmmm. . . . . .  :-\

Just promoting your brand wherever I go, PC. The PCM is a wonderful thing.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Road trips are fun......."LIVE ACTION".
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

I am not telling,   smiley_lipsrsealed smiley_lipsrsealed  but the Guest House  smiley_sleeping  will be ready when you get here if you come this way.    :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bama20a

Well lets see :P,Don't have a clue.But I'd almost bet there is FOOD some where in the line. 8) :D :D :D
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

Okrafarmer

Quote from: bama20a on September 03, 2012, 08:43:52 AM
Well lets see :P,Don't have a clue.But I'd almost bet there is FOOD some where in the line. 8) :D :D :D

Yeah, if you know me, you know I don't get too many miles per burger! Where do you live, bama? Is it near I-20?  :-X

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Magicman on September 03, 2012, 08:35:21 AM
I am not telling,   smiley_lipsrsealed smiley_lipsrsealed  but the Guest House  smiley_sleeping  will be ready when you get here if you come this way.    :)

;D Well, that's awfully kind of you.  ;D I may just take you up on that offer. That is, if I happen to be heading that way. . . . .  ::)

bama20a

Don't live to far off I-20. About 20- 25 miles,
Now we are getting some clues  ;)We know they are going thur Alabama or maybe even to Alabama. ???

It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

Kansas

Any road trip that doesn't involve going to the dentist, IRS office, jail or prison, or a grits festival should be a good road trip. Have fun.

LAZERDAN

Are ya coming to WI we are having a logging show this week  ?           ----------Logging Congress | Great Lakes Timber Professional Association                   Lazerdan   

Okrafarmer

Quote from: LAZERDAN on September 03, 2012, 09:28:03 AM
Are ya coming to WI we are having a logging show this week  ?           ----------Logging Congress | Great Lakes Timber Professional Association                   Lazerdan   

Oooh, that would be nice. . . . .

I am supposed to leave tomorrow morning, shortly after the banks open. Before going to the bank, I'm getting two new tires on the truck. Before that, I'm going to the chiropractor (opens at 7). Shortly, I go to bed and try not to stay awake eagerly anticipating the events of the next few days.

If I am able to post here while on the trip (won;t be able to much), I'll let you know a little more. On the way back I should be driving a little slower, and wouldn't mind having some phone numbers of friends along the way in case I run into any trouble.  ;)

Slingshot

Must be going to be pulling something heavy back.  8)

_______________________-

5quarter

The only thing that would slow me down on the way home from a road trip would be if I had a new mill in tow... ;)

Did I just say that out loud?
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Okrafarmer

Leaving the house shortly.
smiley_wavy
smiley_horserider smiley_horserider smiley_horserider smiley_horserider smiley_horserider

Magicman

Well if he will be riding a horse, he ain't going far.  Sounds like the only thing that he will be pulling is our leg.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

What's the SCOOP on the trip?  :D

Meadows Miller

Whats this Jim  :o :) I think I can smell a Sawmill from here Mate  ;) :D :D :D ;D 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I figured it out......Oakra must have bought Danny's mill and is going to Georgia to pick it up.  8)

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 04, 2012, 03:54:03 PM
I figured it out......Oakra must have bought Danny's mill and is going to Georgia to pick it up.  8)

A little slow on the uptake, eh?

WDH

No, that is not right.  He is not a self-professed non-profit organization, so he must not qualify  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: WDH on September 04, 2012, 08:42:08 PM
No, that is not right.  He is not a self-professed non-profit organization, so he must not qualify  :).

DANG! Thought I'd given my arch nemesis a good smackdown....... :-[

Can you give us a compass bearing on where Okra is headed? Or is it still beyond top secret. :D

Magicman

I hate love to pop your balloon David, but the Okraman was spotted and documented somewhere in Central Mississippi.  His final destination is still unrevealed. (At least to me).   :)

Okrafarmer sporting the not so famous but increasingly famous Paul Case Mustache.   

Thank You Sponsors!