iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Marketing tool for all wanting to make money in business

Started by Schramm, February 17, 2013, 10:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schramm

I have noticed that a few of you have figured it out and are more then likely profiting from the use of YouTube.  I have been using YouTube as a marketing tool for 5 years now and it has been a great way to quickly get to the masses for FREE.  If you want to have people find you and see what you do use YouTube.  The old adage is "if they cant see it they wont buy it" is gone once you figure out that YouTube isnt just for young girls wanting to show off there singing ability (or the lack there of).  I figure that YouTube makes me $50K in sales or better a year.  People will find you based off of simple searches and with some simple keywords you can become a very popular search in no time.
I think that all companies should have a "how to" video on each of there products.  That follows up on my if you can see it you will buy it.  Dont dismiss YouTube thinking it is not for the milling business as it was a YouTube video that got me to buy the mill, the woodmaster molder, steel city cabinet saw, festools Kapex and UG system (trust me that compound miter saw system is $2600 and worth each penny).

How to do a good video and content that you should include:

*  Show how your business can be green (environmentally conscious people live for that and earn leeds points).
*  Show how you get your logs
*  Show the loading of the mill (people want to know why they are paying for what they are getting)
*  Show the mill in action
*  Show your yield and the quality of the wood that you produce.
*  Explain the difference between you and the home center
*  Talk about quality and less about pricing.
*  Make sure you include your company name/address to the mill & a phone number to contact you buy.
*  Keep the video short, maybe 5-7 minutes.

Some areas will get a lot of calls right away and others will see a increase in quality callers based on a educated buyer who may not have known before. 

JohnM

Schramm, thanks for writing that up.  I've watched every Lucas/Peterson/'other' swingmill video on youtube that I can find, many of them a half dozen times or more.  I'm guessing there are more on there but many times I don't think ppl put enough info in the description for it to come up in a search.  I don't think I've seen anyone doing what you're talking about, maybe something similar from the manufactures but not individual sawyers (not sure there are many bandsaw guys doing it actually?).

I'm going to make sure to checkout your clips and thanks for the tip.

JM

PS  Nice chop saw moneybags!  ;) ;D :D  (said with pure envy, please take no offense... :))
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

redbeard

I too like your post Schramm good ideas too think about. Here is a fairly new one that shows what your talking about it could use some narration      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcG3c0-IwTM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Thank You Sponsors!