iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally bought "my" mill, after a 3 year trial period!

Started by Piston, March 27, 2013, 11:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piston

Mad Murdock,
I'm not positive that it isn't good to shut off the engine using the decomp lever, so I can't say for sure.  I just figured it would have some sort of "normal" shutoff when you turn the key off, like most things with deisels do.  If it doesn't hurt the engine though, I guess I'm not too worried about it.

However, I'll start using the tip by MTrim, thanks for that.  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
-Matt
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

WDH

With the power feed, if you walk away for another task, just don't leave one of the log side supports up too high.  Very, very interesting things will happen as you rush back to the rescue aftermath  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

bandmiller2

Good news Matt,now you need a roof over baby.I'am sure the gas co. wouldn't be too excited about a building but you have plenty of land.At the very least a portable open ended building at the end to store the mill head in.Any mill worth owning is worth a roof. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on March 28, 2013, 07:38:26 AM
With the power feed, if you walk away for another task, just don't leave one of the log side supports up too high.  Very, very interesting things will happen as you rush back to the rescue aftermath  :).

Oh Georgia Father.......you speak as though you have great knowledge of above statement.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Congrats.  That is taking living and sleeping with one before marriage to a new level.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jemclimber

If my power feed needs help pushing it is usually slipping because the band is dull or the drive rope needs to be tightened up.  One thing I like about the rope is it will slip if it hits some hard resistance. In my experience anyways.  ;D    Mine won't walk off the end, it will hit where the rope is anchored and slip. 

If you haven't already, check out some of YellowHammers older posts when he had a 15. He had some wonderful mods on his that I would like to copy when I get the time.
lt15

Piston

Quote from: Magicman on March 28, 2013, 10:11:05 AM
Congrats.  That is taking living and sleeping with one before marriage to a new level.   :D

Guilty on both accounts
:D
Quote from: bandmiller2 on March 28, 2013, 08:00:19 AM
Good news Matt,now you need a roof over baby.I'am sure the gas co. wouldn't be too excited about a building but you have plenty of land.At the very least a portable open ended building at the end to store the mill head in.Any mill worth owning is worth a roof. Frank C.

That's gonna be a "this summer" project Frank.
I'm going to clear out a nice spot up in the pine grove for the mill, and give it a more permanent spot there, with a roof over its head.

Your right, I don't think the gas company would appreciate that too much, I've already had the chopper fly over me a few times  :D
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

WDH

With the power feed, keeping a tight rope improves performance. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

bandmiller2

Would a little powdered rosin help the rope slippage.? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

WDH

Thank You Sponsors!