iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello from North Carolina

Started by MRowsh, August 02, 2013, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRowsh

Tested the forks. Works good.

Another lift went well with two logs:

Tried pushing under the third log and lift, but hit a stump and kept pushing! Bend the fork!  I guess stumps do not give much!!

So, for the rest of the work, I just used the 4X1 bucket

LogMaster LM2 with Kubota V1305 Diesel conversion.
There is a price for everything in life!!!  No free lunches!
Retired US Army.

ET

Sorry to hear that your forks bent like that. Tremendous forces are at work with heavy equipment. I attached a pic of my CTI forks i had mentioned earlier. That 5 way bucket is really cool and may work out except for the really biguns. Ernie

Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

MRowsh

Hey Ernie, do you recall how big that one was? I assume close to 36 inches.
Lovely log there.  You got pictures of the lumber you cut off of that one?

I am going to fix the fork and update it a bit.
LogMaster LM2 with Kubota V1305 Diesel conversion.
There is a price for everything in life!!!  No free lunches!
Retired US Army.

thecfarm

Watch them stumps.  :D   I know the feeling ::)   Either get something smaller to put the forks on or be more careful. I'm one to talk.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ET

That log was a dead ash, one of a dozen;  a few are even bigger. They are still sitting in the pasture awaiting their fate. Im still working on getting buildings put up. The site dozers are actually starting next week as long as it quits raining long enough.
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

Thank You Sponsors!