iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Haven't Had This Happen In a While

Started by DR Buck, November 23, 2013, 05:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

Guys shows up today with his walnut logs.  Says he wants me to cut 70 bf at 8/4 and 50 bf at 5/4.  I look at the logs, scratch my head and then get out my Logrite  scaling stick and measure the logs. 

Total for all three logs is 52bf.   :D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Chuck White

That should have caused you to scratch your head a little more!  :o

Kind of like sawing 12" boards out of an 8" log!  :P
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Kinda like the little lady that wanted me to saw 2X12's for shelving.  Not one of her 6 logs in her pickup bed was over 8" and the tailgate was closed when she drove up.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nomad

I got one of those recently.  A guy said he wanted me to saw out wood for 900' of fence and a pole barn with stalls for 4 horses.  I got there to take a look at his pile of logs and he showed me a decent size pine, still standing.  "What do you think?"  He said he could use a second one if it was really necessary.
     I gave him a bf/ log chart to get an idea of how much is in his tree, and suggested he get together with the contractor going to build those things and figure out how much wood he'd need.  I also explained I can't mill a standing tree. ::)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

drobertson

thank God!  these issues only come up once in two or three blue moons!  head scratching in order, not on how to do it, but how to explain it to the one(s) that just don't know,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

terrifictimbersllc

Line 8 in the sawing agreement

Any miracles performed by Sawyer shall be regarded as given entirely at his discretion and are not to be construed as an offer of future performance.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

woodmills1

I left my board stretcher up in canada last month
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!