iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moose Hunting Stand

Started by Billbob, January 31, 2014, 08:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

Great Job getting them on here Billbob.
Is there a stream on this path?  Looks like a good Game cam. :)

Ken

BillBob  Nice job on the tree stand, pictures and video.  I feel your pain with respect to the long waits between getting your name drawn for a license.  I have only waited 15 years so not as bad as you.  I usually get to go with someone else.  Almost as good.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Billbob

Oh yeah, lots of water!  The trail cam is mounted on top of an old (and I mean old!) beaver dam.  My guesstimate is that it's 50 years old plus.  Here is a picture of the old pond I took last week.  It is pretty much meadow grass now.  There is a small stream that runs through the middle of it and literally under the tree stand.  In the picture you'll see a small lone spruce tree dead center.  It is growing on top of the old dam.  About 200 feet through the bush line at 12 o'clock is an active beaver pond.  Beyond that is a cedar bog that backs on my property. The area behind the stand has some serious floating bogs, swails, and many streams.

If you look at the tree line on the right of the photo my atv trail runs the length of the meadow alone the tree line.  The game are using it as a main highway now. 
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

Billbob

I agree Ken.  Having a second gun on the license is almost as good as having the license.  They gotta do something to improve the draw though.  Allowing everyone's 90 year old grandmother to apply for a tag just doesn't cut it!
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

Thank You Sponsors!