iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

emergency kill flap

Started by ridge logger, February 25, 2014, 11:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridge logger

Is there someone who can show a picture of the emergency kill flap on a detroit and where to get one or how to build one

goose63

If I recall the kill flap is inside the blower
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

jwilly3879

It is in the housing right before the blower.

Dave Shepard

It is inside the blower. There will be a little toggle on one side. On a power unit, that may be the only way to activate it. On my skidder, there are two cables in the dash. One for normal shut down, and one for emergency, which flips the flap shut.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ridge logger

my skidder  didn't have that cable on it so i am trying to put one on for that just in case

goose63

On the old 318s I think the toggle was on the left side [I think] its been a long time now
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

borecutter

on my664c w/ 353 Detroit it is just before the supercharger toward the cab. If you pull the emergency you have to reset the flap manually.

treeslayer2003

unless your engine is turboed you probly already have one although it may not have a dash control cable.
it is spring loaded and once tripped you have to manualy reset it.

Dave Shepard

I took a photo of the blower on the 3-53 in the Timberjack 208. You can see the cable hooked to the lever that trips the flapper on the right. The other end of the shaft is sticking out near the dipstick.

What model Detroit do you have?

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

ridge logger

3-53 in a 225. I looked last night and mine dosen't have that rod on the air intake so i will have to try and find one.

Thank You Sponsors!