iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log trucking

Started by Fedge, April 23, 2014, 11:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fedge

I have the opportunity to purchase some logs that would need to be trucked 50 miles to me. When I have purchased semi-loads before, the price has always included trucking but it does not in this case. What should I expect to pay to have the logs loaded, trucked 50 miles, and unloaded at my mill? I understand that this probably varies by region but would like to make sure that I am not get hosed. If the trucking is too high it may break the deal. Thanks!

Geoff
A smart man knows a lot, a smarter man knows what he doesn't know.

ga jones

100.00 loader fee. 4 bucks a loaded mile
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

BargeMonkey

That sounds about right. Trucking isnt cheap. Im paying 40% of load value on pulp.

luvmexfood

Don't have a clue about cost. Did pull up to the diesel pumps to get a 5 gallon can filled. Looked at the pump and the previous user had put $600 on it. So figure trucking will be expensive.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Woodhauler

I would charge all i can get, then a little more :D ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

BargeMonkey

Quote from: luvmexfood on April 23, 2014, 01:48:29 PM
Don't have a clue about cost. Did pull up to the diesel pumps to get a 5 gallon can filled. Looked at the pump and the previous user had put $600 on it. So figure trucking will be expensive.
600.00 HA... wait till you fill the trucks and equipment and the tank at the shop and have a bill for 7-8000 a week sometimes. The tug I worked on down in the gulf held 140k gallons of fuel, I wouldnt want that bill.

Bobus2003

Im burning about $800 every other day running lowboy currently, glad its not my money.. all log trucking I have had to pay for was done by the ton, most I ever paid was $22/ton on a 64 mile trip to the mill.

Thank You Sponsors!