iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Road trip

Started by sawman, July 18, 2014, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawman

Hit the road at 4:00 AM headed to Mount Vernon, MO , upon our arrival we found this gem waiting to be taken to its new home.

After our demo, a few last words with Will, and we are ready for the trip back home.

Looks like  this is going to be a fine mill. We will have to adapt to the newer upgrades such as simple set works, auto clutch, 2 plane clamp etc, but it looks like its gonna be great. :) ;D :) ;D :) ;D 
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Let the games begin.  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

goose63

I am drawling all over my self ;D 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Darrel

Sawman, congratulations on the new mill!

Goose63' you may be drawling, but I'm drooling! :D 

I can hardly wait 'till I get my mill!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

schakey

smiley_applause
Real happy for ya Happy Sawing smiley_hellow_im_here
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

thecfarm

That looks mighty nice. Any pictures of it at it's new home?  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Great,  Congratulations on the new mill.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

rooster 58

Ain't that orange paint sexy? ;)

Magicman

Sure is shiny.  :)  Congratulations are in order.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

Good for you, 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

SawyerBrown

Nice!!  Congratulations!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

slider

You are going to like that 2 plane clamp.Good purchase .
al glenn

sawman

Will try and get pics at new home today, thanks for the congrats.
Got a couple small cedar logs to saw up for a neighbor.
Going to have to keep an  eye on dad with this one, seeing he has sold the last 2 mills to customers over the last 11 years.
There is a lot more on this one than what was on our 1st 1985 LT30 manual mill we got in 2003
In 2007 we went to 1995 LT 40 hydraulic,
and now in 2014 here we are.

8) 8)

This one should get me thru my retirement years, which is a little ways off yet, but when the time comes we should have this one broken in.
Happy sawing everyone
Wallenstein FX85

Peder McElroy

Congratulations . I also picked up  brand new mill yesterday (LT35hd) can't wait to use it.

Magicman

Congrats are in order for you too Peder.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

downsouth

Ok,ok,ok.
   What's going on here? Everyone is getting new mills except me! Ha ha.
  Congrats to both of you guys. Glad to see it.
   I'm trying to hold out a little longer.

sawman

Quote from: Peder McElroy on July 19, 2014, 10:41:38 AM
Congratulations . I also picked up  brand new mill yesterday (LT35hd) can't wait to use it.
Congratulations
Happy sawing
Wallenstein FX85

thecfarm

Peder McElroy,got some pictures of your new mill? Have fun with it. I see you have 2 other mills. Are you keeping the other 2?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SawyerBrown

Hey, Peder, congrats on the new 35 and welcome to the club!  If you get the chance to post some pix of the debarker (supposedly new and improved), I'd be grateful.

Pete
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

sawman

Ready to put mill to work

Sawing it down.

Wallenstein FX85

YellowHammer

Congratulations to you guys.  It's nice to see sawdust covering the fresh paint. 8)
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Darrel

8) Looking good!  :)
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Gadrock

Yep...you have that new car smell and new car paint! Seems strange to me how they painted them two different colors. Mine has the other orange (faded, like many of us are familiar with).

Hope you enjoy your new acquisition.

David G

Carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Thank You Sponsors!