iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

logging safety equipment

Started by reubenT, January 29, 2015, 12:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reubenT

ya'll use it don't ya?    Ya oughta.   Dangerous stuff can get at ya out there.       I recommend gettin every bit of safety gear on ya that you kin find room for.   Why?  it just makes sense.   Saplings like to turn loose and wap ya in the face,  sawdust likes to aim fer yer eyes.  Them saw teeth are mighty sharp and movin mighty fast.  Scary aint it?     Don't follow my example.  I've cut timber with nothin on but shoes at times,   when it was too hot to survive with anything keepin the heat in and nobody else was around.  I like to play it safe as much as I can in many ways,  but fraid I don't own much in the way of safety stuff for sawin in the woods.   Jeans and sweat shirt are the usual wear in winter, with more layers as the weather chills off, and less as it warms up.  And usually a hat of some sort.  Like a straw in summer or leather or felt or oilskin for cooler and wetter times.     Had a branch wack me on the head pretty hard once,  my hat cushioned it so it didn't cause damage.  Fer when it gets too hot to survive in long pants and I still just gotta have some protection I have some 1000 denier chaps that hang loose enough to be cool and still give me a tough layer that briars can't get through.    But I'm just not doing it right.  Ya'll please forget all about my example.   But then again,  I guess what I do is what I feel is right for my circumstances at whatever time I'm doing it.  Thay's times when if I couldn't get all the ventilation possible I'd have to just quit workin. Sometimes I have to quite anyway and go huntin a cool stream to lay in.    Any time from middle june till early Sep it can get that way off and on.   Specially when it gets that still humid feel,  the air's not moving and the humidity gets to risin.   Perfect weather for those summer thunder bumpers to pop up. 

Jeff

QuoteYa'll please forget all about my example

This was the most important sentence in the previous post. I'm glad you included it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

coxy

OK WOW DONT KNOW WHERE TO START GOING TO KEEP MY BIG MOUTH SHUT     thanks jeff  8) 8)

so il logger

Thank You Sponsors!