iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lost my father-in-law and dear friend

Started by sandsawmill14, August 20, 2015, 11:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandsawmill14

please pray for our family my fil passed away suddenly at 60 yrs old. it happened about a month ago but i just couldnt bring myself to post it until now. we have spent at least 15 of the last 20 yrs working together almost everyday. he worked all day the day he died came home just like normal nap on the couch and about midnight had a massive heart attack they think. i guess thats the best way to go but it was a terrible shock. he is the man in my avatar. wish i had got a better pic.
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Percy

Sorry for your loss...its never easy.......hang in there........Mojo sent....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

justallan1

Very sorry to hear it. Losing anyone is a hard thing.

sandsawmill14

beenthere

Prayers for you and family in this time of sorrow.  Bet he left you with good memories and knowledge for you to go forward.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Sorry to hear about him. And at such a young age too. Never know when things like that will happen. Work hard your whole life and plan for the future and it can be gone like that. How sad. Do things that you enjoy now and have fun doing it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Seaman

Feeling for you man, will be praying for family.
Frank
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

taylorsmissbeehaven

My thoughts and prayers to you and family. Its great that you had so much time with him. Good memories stay with you....Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

We will be praying for you and the family, I can only imagine how you must be feeling, me and my FIL are very close too.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

I offer my sincerest condolences to you and your family for your loss.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

He must have been a fine man for his son-in-law to care for him so deeply.   I am sorry for your loss.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

78NHTFY

Sad news--prayers for you and family.  Be strong.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

WV Sawmiller

Sandy,

My deepest condolences to you and your entire family.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

fishfighter

Sorry to hear this. Prays for you and your family. Before my FIL passed, we were good friends. It was a big lost to our family.

AlaskaLes

I've got a Great relationship with my FIL, far better than I had with my Dad.
He's 75 and we're working on stacking up the good times while we can.
Very sorry for your loss.   
You can see Mt McKinley from our backyard...Up Close!!

Mighty Mite MK 4B, full-hyd, diesel bandmill
Kubota 4wd 3650GST w/FEL; Forks;
3pt Log Arm& Log trailer
Husky 394XP
Husky 371XP
Husky 353
Echo 330T
Nyle 200M
Robar RC-50 50BMG-just in case the trees get out of line

Bruno of NH

Sorry to hear of your  FIL we will be thinking of you in NH
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

cutterboy

I liked my FIL but we were not close. You were fortunate that you and he were close friends, but that makes his death all the harder for you. I'm so sorry.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

sandsawmill14

yep we were close. he had never been around a sawmill before i bought the bandmill but he was hooked from the beginning. i was going to try to teach him to saw but he was happy just stacking lumber. that pic of him driving the wedges in that gum thats my avatar  is the one he would show to his buddys at the coffee shop to prove he was working :D :D :D the pic doesnt show it good but that log was over 48" :o    thanks for all the kind words.

Sixacresand

Sorry for your loss and praying for you and your family. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

clww

Very saddened to hear of your family's loss.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!