iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Beauty coming to South Louisiana

Started by SkyDoc, January 03, 2017, 08:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyDoc

Well, she showed up right before dinner!

If you need a hotshot service I cant say enough good about JB Transport. John was super easy to work with, he kept me informed and got it from New York state to Baton Rouge in less than 48 hours.

I'll get pictures of her once I take her to the car wash and rinse the salt off of her tomorrow. First up are those two big pine logs I've been sitting on.

Doc
Dad always said "its easier to learn from someone else's  mistake than to make it yourself". Thats why I am here....

fishfighter

There will be a good chance they are going to put sand down on the roads today. Oh, watch out for ice on the roads. If you are home next week once it warms up, I would like to come by and check it out. ;D

Deese

2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

johnnyllama

I've also got a Turner Mill and have been very happy with it. 1 broken blade in the last 3 years, no lube to deal with at blade......
Bill is great to deal with as he personally works on every mill, alongside one other worker. He's less interested in growing his volume than putting out excellent work from what I see. I'm only about 75 minutes from his shop so that's a plus too. You get your money's worth!
Turner Bandmill, NH35 tractor, Stihl & Husky misc. saws, Mini-excavator, 24" planer, 8" jointer, tilting shaper, lathe, sliding table saw, widebelt sander, Beautiful hardworking wife, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 23 llamas in training to pull logs!!!

SkyDoc

I'm quite pleased with my new mill! I have some learning curve that I'll have to figure out. Going from a small push mill to a giant fully hydraulic mill. I have milled about 4 logs to date, mostly oak from a storm a while back.

Started building a chicken coop 12x14' out of what I had to use...which was oak. It seems I made ALL of the newbie mistakes rather quickly. I bent a band by raising the log stop into it, I hit the log loading arm with the band cover and I learned that if I am going to take an 8" bite off of a cant that the drive system cover will not let it pass, so you just need to scoot the cant over an inch or so. I'll post pictures in the Whatcha Sawin thread soon.

Doc
Dad always said "its easier to learn from someone else's  mistake than to make it yourself". Thats why I am here....

Magicman

Congratulations Doc on the "new baby".   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Treehack

Nothin like a new mill to put a smile on your face and a spring in your step.  Congrats!
TK 1220, 100+ acres of timber, strong left arm.

Rougespear

You know, that is just a well thought out, simple, and good looking mill.  I like it a lot, and I'm sure you do too!  Simplicity is a big bonus in my books.  Enjoy :)
Custom built Cook's-style hydraulic bandmill.

Thank You Sponsors!