iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This is why you haven't heard from us much!!!!!!!

Started by Stump Jumper, December 05, 2004, 07:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stump Jumper

We have been busy taking pictures.  This summer was extremely busy for us.

This is a boom I built for the skidsteer forks inspired by one of the forum members pictures.

Started to build fire wood shed walls and trusses last winter on polebarn floor.  Just got it completed this November still no siding maybe work on the siding next year :D :D :D.

Running an inverted blade this is not cool.

These granite slabs are the steps to the entrance.

We orginally cut these to be benches.

A client of ours is having this massive fireplace built out of stones that I took down from an old barn foundation and a few big rocks out of the fenceline.  It is appox 12 ft tall and this point 16" flue and the gentleman has mentioned going up another 10-15 ft. with the stone structure.
Notice the mantles we cut them on the mill.  They started out to be benches.  There is also a cross design on the side of the fireplace.

Took a break to do a little hunting.

But had to get back to work to finish up the job that was started.  This is the last of the work that has to be done for the year as far as the milling goes we still have another excavating job pending the weather.

There is approx 6000 bd ft loaded and ready to be delivered.

Hope we didn't bore you with all of the pics.

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Tom

Super cool!  Y'all been doing good.. :)

I'm sure anxious to see some of this stuff progress.

You have earned a breather.

sandmar

Ain't that granite hard on your WM blades? ::) Great looking wood and stone work........we always like pictures,keep 'em coming!

Sandmar

isawlogs

That's some nice work on the fireplace ,  how big of a house will it be in  ???
  What type of construction , log or stick  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

Anybody around here get's bored with pictures, can just log off. ;)  Nice job.  ;) ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SwampDonkey

That fireplace is going to be unique and a very interesting design.  8)

Looked like alot of heavy work with them big pine logs.

Oh, I was gonna ask ya if ya used that new boom to hang your deer. It lookes like a pole for hanging a carcass on there, I see the leg hooks. ;)

What did ya cut that granite with, that's real hard stone to cut?
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

etat

WOW ain't a strong enough word!  That there fireplace is awsome!  It looks like it'd last forever and then some, much like the pyramids!. 8) 8) 8)  
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Stump Jumper

isawlogs

The house is going to be a post and beam structure. I think the size of it is 40 x 56 and he is calling it his barn.

sandmar

We did not cut the granite on the mill.  The guy said he got it hauled in for $150 for all three pieces.

We are not doing the work on the fireplace all we did was bring the rocks and stones to location and sort the cut stone out.

NO!  :D :D  we did not use the boom for the deer we have to grow them a little larger to use it.  It is not a gambrel hook it is a truss spreader used in picking up trusses and setting them.
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Norm

Great shots, thanks for showing us. You'll never bore me with pictures like that. :)

Stump Jumper

The Bri-mar trailer is a new addition to the family.  It is a dump 8 x 16 bed with removable sides and tailgate.  God has blessed. 8) 8) 8)
Jeff
May God Bless.

isawlogs

Thats going to be some awfully nice house once it gets finished.... And you'll never get me bored looking at pics that are posted on this forum... its great that you guys are able amd willing to share them with us.... Someday i'll get me something to be able to take pics and post them and trust me on this one I've got alot to post (pics that is)
  So keep them pictures coming and I'll keep looking ;D ;D ;) ;) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

UNCLEBUCK

Great pictures . I like your woodshed too ! thanks
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

iain

Was a bit confused there for a second, "a bit busy this summer" and the pics were of snow on the ground, its looking good around and about more pics please. :)
I've got lots to upload to here but cant get the computer to hold onto what i load onto it, all the albums just dump their contents >:( :(  when i close them. Lost a good bit from the last couple of months, but every thing pre sept was burn't to disc ;D

iain

OneWithWood

Busy is good!

Been wondering where you and the missus had gotten off to.  Thanks for the pics.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Stump Jumper

iain
 i took the picture of the boom the day we put this post together i forgot to get it when I built it and when we set the trusses on the wood shed by the way my summer goes until it snows :D  I am also a bit confused about your profile picture but that is ok I will say no more ::) ::) :o :D :D

THANK YOU ALL FOR LOOKING AT THE PICTURES

still have more pics to post the internet likes to disconnect after 20 mins.  have to check out settings >:( >:(
Jeff
May God Bless.

Paschale

Very cool, cool stuff!  Thanks for posting the pics!   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Thank You Sponsors!