iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Home for Weekend. New Logs

Started by Andy White, October 19, 2013, 11:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

Got home from Corpus Christi last night for a weekend stay. The wife sent pictures last week of some Red Oak and Sycamore logs my neighbor brought for me. Thinking of how to get them off the trailer with the arch and tractor, I pulled into the drive, and guess what? They were already staged and ready for sawing! You just gotta love good neighbors. This morning, I got the anchorseal and went to work. It may be March before I get to saw them up. Neighbor would not saw them even tho I showed him how to use the mill. He said it was all ready for winter, and he didn't want to have to do it again. The job in C.C. is going well, and looks like a February finish for me.The place is nice, and the ocean sounds are nice, but I prefer the sounds of the breeze thru the Pines! Will post later      Andy

Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

wormy

It would be hard for me to wait until March to saw those nice looking logs.

Chuck White

I'd be into them already if they were mine!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Even the Sycamore logs look nice.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!