iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

9 Good Fingers and 1 Not so Good

Started by Wudman, March 17, 2019, 02:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wudman

Out of all of the work that I do with saws, chainsaws, tractors, mills, etc, how do I manage to injure myself this time?  How about planting flower bulbs?  I bought a bunch of bulbs on close out from WalMart last fall.  I should have planted them in the fall, but it has been pure muck so I just got around to it.  I was coming out of Lowe's a few weeks back and saw an auger for planting bulbs.  I though that would help with this bushel that I had to plant.....so I got it out yesterday and went to work.  It wouldn't fit in my3/8" Dewalt variable speed drill (which also has a clutch), so I chucked it in a Bosch hammer drill.  It would dig like crazy, but was just a tab bit high speed for the purpose.  I was zipping along until it hung in a root.  The ring finger on my right hand was turned in directions it wasn't intended to go.  I can still bend it and there isn't any bone stuck through the skin, so I finished up the job.  I figured the hospital would just splint it or tape it to another one.  Today, it is swollen from the middle knuckle back to my hand.  It is purple down into the palm, but it still works.  So, if you have one of these units, use a variable speed drill with a clutch.  It can do some damage otherwise.  It will dig a bunch of holes in a hurry.  The offender is below:

;D ;D ;D

Wudman 
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Banjo picker

Never mind the drill, we want to see the finger.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

thecfarm

Well if you're going to show the finger,I better say it now,I hope it heals up quick.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

Not a good week for you!  Finger maybe broken truck window definitely broken!

Thank You Sponsors!