iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hollow Pecan

Started by Sixacresand, May 09, 2020, 07:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

My sawmill buddy and I played around with cutting oval cookies out of a short hollow pecan logs, the part I usually discard to the burn pile.  He is a wood artist, for the lack of a better term.  He deals with filling hollows and cracks with colored epoxy material, .  He sells for high dollars on the internet and local craft fairs.  He also uses the same philosophy as WDH, make everything small enough to fit in a woman's SUV.  :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WV Sawmiller

Those aren't cookies - they are donuts. :D I have some made from walnut and the advantage is they are less likely to crack than normal cookies.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Sixacresand

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on May 09, 2020, 12:48:34 PM
 Those aren't cookies - they are donuts. :D I have some made from walnut and the advantage is they are less likely to crack than normal cookies.
That is good to know.  We talked about what to if it started cracking.  Thanks
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

It works!  Men are cheap and indecisive. Women are smart, decisive, and know what they want. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Brad_bb

that's actually a good idea- doing epoxy fills of donuts.  You could do some interesting fills.  Don't discard hollow logs.....
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Texas Ranger

Quote from: WDH on May 10, 2020, 08:56:54 PM
It works!  Men are cheap and indecisive. Women are smart, decisive, and know what they want.
OMG!  We need to open up the economy and do away with the quarantine, not saying Danny is wrong, but to admit it? Danny, take a couple of deep breaths, dig out the shot gun and go out and fire a few.  Hold on, brother, it is getting better!
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!