iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmaster height

Started by lynches lumber, February 11, 2012, 04:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynches lumber

Going to be getting a 725 woodmaster here in a couple of weeks. Can one of you guys who have one with the wheels(not the cart) tell me height from the floor to the bed. Ive got tables that I use with my existing planer and was wondering if they were going to work with the 725 or if Ive got to build some more.Thanks.

jdtuttle

On the 718 the bed is adjustable so the height changes.
Jim
Have a great day

lynches lumber

Thats right. The bed moves up and down instead of the head. Dah!! Oh well back to the drawing board.

lynches lumber

I know what your thinking and its ok. Sometimes I even amaze myself with my stupidity.Hehe.

pineywoods

They have an optional infeed and outfeed table that goes up and down with the planer bed...nice...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

lynches lumber

I saw that. They got a nice price too. The problem Ive got is that my shop space is limited and Ive got my table saw,router table, and existing planer on homemade platforms with wheels.What ever I need to do, I just roll the machine in between these two tables and go with it.

sawwood

I have the 18" also and added the out feed table and that helped a lot.
My shop is a 16 X 20 and not enought room to run 10' or longer lumber
threw the planer. So i cut a hole in each end of the shop and put a door
there i can open and with th help of my son can run any lenth i need.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

jdtuttle

I use a simple adjustable roller support on the outfeed side.
Jim
Have a great day

bugdust

I have the base with casters and move the planer around. Even though my shop is 24'X40' I still find I'm  limited to where it can be used. Recently I remodeled a back room and hopefully this will work out.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

tcsmpsi

One of the reasons for my not having a larger planer in the past, is because of the table movement.  Good infeed/outfeed support is necessary for good planing.  When Woodmaster first came out with their infeed/outfeed tables that move up and down with the bed, is when I got one.   The tables fold up to make room when not in use.  And...importantly, they DO work.   :)
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

DR Buck

Quote from: tcsmpsi on February 13, 2012, 11:16:31 AM
One of the reasons for my not having a larger planer in the past, is because of the table movement.  Good infeed/outfeed support is necessary for good planing.  When Woodmaster first came out with their infeed/outfeed tables that move up and down with the bed, is when I got one.   The tables fold up to make room when not in use.  And...importantly, they DO work.   :)

I agree.  I bought the tables as soon as they were available.  Expensive, but well worth trading the price for the aggravation in adjusting external rollers on every pass through the planer.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!