iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

North vs. South vs. PNW

Started by KyLogger, November 23, 2014, 07:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1270d

you mean your 440 doesn't have a timed preheater????

BargeMonkey

I thought i had it made when i got a skidder with a screened in cab and a glass window in front.  :D  my jacks heater works good but you dont stay in the cab to long. AC is pointless where im at, used it maybe 2x in the Timbco.
Timed pre heater..... spoiled CTL guys.  :D

thenorthman

If'n ya stand in the right spot you can almost feel the warmth from the radiator fan... kinda hard to drive while standing on the front axle though...  I did wrap the steering wheel with electrical tape so my wet gloves don't stick to it...
well that didn't work

treeslayer2003

Quote from: BargeMonkey on November 24, 2014, 07:22:37 PM
I get such a kick out of the "N or S" discussion's ive seen working in the maritime world. Ive got more time south of I-10 than most residents of LA but they will pick you out of the crowd quick. They would still consider you VA, KY boys as yankee as i am. The best is the ones from MD, most confused bunch ive ever seen. If it only got above 70 just long enough to dry hay would be fine for me. Other than the taxes N-NY is great, lots of wood, less bugs, a few snakes and even less nascar fans.  :D :D :D
depends witch side of MD lol............the east sides the only side  ;) :) come up the bay and turn right bro.....

KyLogger

The heater on my 440 consists of flipping the fan around in the winter :D ..... doors would be nice.....but I bet they get aggravating! Heck, a skidder made in the last 30 years would be nice....... I better not talk too loud "Peanut" may hear me............
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

curdog

Back in the summer I stopped by to see a logger buddy of mine. It was HOT, I asked him how he was liking the heat he said not bad since he's been in the ac all day. I knew his loader didn't have ac, or I thought it didn't.  But the house window unit sitting on a bucket ran to a generator  with some duct tape and tarps proved me wrong.  If it wasn't so hot I would have given him a hard time, but the more I thought about it the better the idea seemed.

Dave Shepard

Steering wheel on a skidder?  :D I wouldn't know what to do with one.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

I remember the day when I went from a 404 timberjack with a steering wheel to a 202 with a gee-haw. It was a life changing experience. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

IcePick

Ive done all my cutting in Wisconsin hardwood stands.  Cut for about a year and a half, usually only one day a week, sometimes two.  Not currently cutting, just can't justify paying the thousand bucks a year in workers comp to cut a day a week.  I'd pay it if I could at least three days a week, but cutting once a week is just not enough to gain a rhythm or decent experience.  If I can find an outfit that pays hourly and can afford their own insurance for cutters, I'd definitely get back into it.  Kind of realized I enjoy tree work a little more anyway, its a little more diverse than logging in Wisconsin.

Anyway, I respect logging in all geographical areas and all applications, whether it be climbing and high lead, hydro axe or processor with forwarder, or even horse skidding.  I read voraciously on all aspects and all historical context of timber harvesting.  Hell, if I was born in the late nineteenth century in Wisconsin, I could very well see myself as a cant hook guy, loading sleighs in the frozen swamps and hardwood forests.

Trying to support myself and a family working with trees since 1998.

Thank You Sponsors!