iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hot Weather

Started by Autocar, July 21, 2011, 09:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Ive been lasting till noon but today at ten thirty is was just to much for me  ::) . Iam not ready for winter yet but for sure it could cool down.
Bill

HuZzEy

it sure could it's been a misrable week in maine also I work nights and right now it's 86degrees in the shop 

Bobus2003

Been Horrible heat lately 90+ Most days and a few near 100. Goin to work @ 2am, Workin Till Noon if possible.. Havin a hard time keepin my Hydraulic oil under 190* and my engine under 210* (Both Redline) on the Delimber. Timbco gets ran at night also but heats up quick mid Morning.. Even our skidders are gettin hot making downhill pulls.. I am counting days till the snow flies (roughly 65 Days till first snow)

donny hochstetler

been trying to get thirty trees per day usually 1.pm last hours is a killer of course the steep banks dont help thats what ya get for living in ohio one more day then the weekend maybe itll cool down some

Maine372

im working on a herbicide project right now. long pants, long sleeves, and rubber gloves required. wind speeds have shut us down early the last couple of days. but even the breeze is hot!

grassfed

Wow I got killed yesterday. I was working on some balsam fir blow downs; freeing them up and limbing them, so I was covered in sap/sawdust and the saw kept getting pinched and stalling...it was 95 and about 85% humid. This is the first summer that I have cut wood (I need the $) and I have to say it's not a lot of fun :-[
Mike

Ed

I picked up 3 Oak logs the other day, sweating like crazy just holding the winch control. They are still on the trailer and can stay there till its cooler.

Ed

Autocar

I gave up again this morning it was like I stood in a rain storm , then to top it off where I was bucking logs yesturday I must of picked up some giggers  :-\. I have them right at the top of my  socks and waist OOO what a treat ! ;D
Bill

Ron Scott

Not a fun time in the woods. Moving slow. ;)
~Ron

cutterboy

I'm retired but still work two days a week in the shop. I went in at six this morning and the temp inside the factory was 85. By 9:30 it was 90 and the air was very thick. I told the boss I was going to leave at 10. He is a heavy man and was suffering more than I was. He didn't give me a hard time, just grunted  "ok".

At home all I've done outside is set up the sprinkler to water the garden. Now, at 3:30 the outside temp is 99 with a hot wind. I want to do some logging as I only have two small birch logs at the mill, but not in this heat. And what's really driving me crazy is this..... my woods have dried out and the areas that are usually too wet to get a tractor into are ok for that now but it's too hot to take advantage of the opportunity to log those areas :-\

I shouldn't comlpain, at least the house is air conditioned.  Ralph
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

snowstorm

Quote from: Bobus2003 on July 21, 2011, 09:43:55 PM
Been Horrible heat lately 90+ Most days and a few near 100. Goin to work @ 2am, Workin Till Noon if possible.. Havin a hard time keepin my Hydraulic oil under 190* and my engine under 210* (Both Redline) on the Delimber. Timbco gets ran at night also but heats up quick mid Morning.. Even our skidders are gettin hot making downhill pulls.. I am counting days till the snow flies (roughly 65 Days till first snow)
65 days till snow sounds pretty good rite now. we dont usually get it till nov. hope you have ac in the delimber. my harvester runs hot in this heat tho the fowarder is fine

Ed_K

Autocar,soak in a tub w/bleach 1/2 cup,that'll kill the chiggers.
I have been doing TSI for 2 weeks,last few days I worked 6to12 then go home.It was real bad fri. I'd cut a tree and the sun would hit me and almost knock me to the ground.Pretty bad when it takes 10 min.to walk 500ft  :o .
Ed K

jim king

Come on down, we can get you aclimated fast altho last week it got down in the 70`s a couple of nights and some people died from exposure while on the river at night..

For chiggers I scratch them until I can see where they are and then touch a drop of fingernail polish on them.  Instant kill.

Autocar

Thanks Ed for the giggers remedy I will try it ! I brought my skidder home Monday and today finished installing my new and used gages. I live in a woods and even under the shade of the trees it was like I got caught in a rain storm. Iam starting to think about cooler weather,this stuff here sure can kick my butt !  :D
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!