iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Can't get loose

Started by Magicman, September 19, 2011, 11:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

This is not FF related but, some internet sites will not let me "green back arrow" out of them.  They just keep coming back.  Is there any way to get loose from them short of "red X" and completely quitting the session?  I'm using Firefox.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DouginUtah

Yes, there is a way to back out. Right-click on the back arrow and drop down the list to the previous site. Click on it and there you go.  :D
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Warbird

If you aren't running in "secure browsing mode", you can click History in the top menu bar, show all history, then directly click the page you want to go back to.

Most companies make it so you can't click back like this because they are feeding the page from a database that is continually changing (airlines, hotels, etc), or for security reasons.  This also happens on redirects.

*edit* Or what Doug said.  :)  His way is actually cleaner, if you don't want an extra window open.

Magicman

Hey guys, Thanks.  There had to be a better way that what I was doing.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

scsmith42

I have found that when that happens to me, if I double click on the back arrow it will take me back.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Magicman

Sometimes that would work for me, but generally not.  Doug's method has already worked for me.    :)

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

With IE, I go to the drop-down list and click on the page I want (when the back button doesn't work). I've found some google sites will double up on an in-between link that traps you, not allowing the back button to function. Like the ones that have the pop-up that asks if you really want to leave their site.

But the forum works well  8)

After making a post, I use the drop-down list to get back to "recent posts" rather than back through one by one.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Yeah works the same in FF, pretty much. Right clicking brings up a list of previous pages when clicking the arrows or left clicking the "History" menu item. Can even reopen closed tabs or open a previous session.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

I just wanted to say thanks again for the tips.  It surely has made life simpler.