iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

being friendly

Started by luvmexfood, May 20, 2017, 10:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

For the last couple of years I have been doing some work for a company. Requires traveling and usually staying a week or more in a motel. One thing I always do if the front desk clerks are not to busy is to stop and chat. Maybe bring them an ice creme if running out to a store.

Couple of weeks ago was staying two weeks at a motel where I stayed last year. Was talking with the two ladies at the desk and aggravating them that I missed home cooking and one should bake me a meatloaf. Come Saturday, on her day off, one of the ladies brought me a meatloaf. Come to find out she was the general manager. It was the best I ever ate.

Never hurts to be nice to people. Every once in awhile it pays off.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

tree-farmer

My uncle Albert would always ask the servers name when we would go out to eat, during the meal he would use their name and talk to them in a way that made them understand that he saw them as a person. He always got special treatment, particlarly on return visits.
He has passed on now (97 years of a life well lived) I try to live up to his example. He knew we are all just passing through this life, and may as well be nice to eash other on the way.

Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Kbeitz

Quote from: luvmexfood on May 20, 2017, 10:46:40 PM
For the last couple of years I have been doing some work for a company. Requires traveling and usually staying a week or more in a motel. One thing I always do if the front desk clerks are not to busy is to stop and chat. Maybe bring them an ice creme if running out to a store.

Couple of weeks ago was staying two weeks at a motel where I stayed last year. Was talking with the two ladies at the desk and aggravating them that I missed home cooking and one should bake me a meatloaf. Come Saturday, on her day off, one of the ladies brought me a meatloaf. Come to find out she was the general manager. It was the best I ever ate.

Never hurts to be nice to people. Every once in awhile it pays off.

Hey.... That's sounds like my wife...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

thecfarm

I can see my wife doing that too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!