iDRY Vacuum Kilns

how come i cannot post jpeg pics??

Started by a old timberjack, January 14, 2007, 10:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

a old timberjack

i finially figured out how to shrink pics ( crop ) now it says i cannot post those kind of files???  am i doing something wrong ?? how do you change that?? i never seen anything like it, all my pics on my camera are jpeg when you download them to your computer, they are the most common??????????????
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

Jeff

Yes, it sounds like you are tying to use the attachment manager which is only for documents. Above that is a link that says.

Click here for member photo gallery.
Photo upload facility.

You need to use that. 

jpeg or .jpg is the format that is prefered for photos
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

Cropping isn't necessarily the way to shrink photos. You should try an Optimizer program (xat-free) or, a lot of folks use Photoshop. You take a 100% sized photo, and reduce the pixels to under 400 as the largest measurement, either up-down, OR across. Then save and they are large enough to see easily, and still meet the sizing requirements.

Have you read the thread "Posting  photos", at the top of this board?? It 'splains it very well  8)

Others will also help, if you get overwhelmed. It's pretty simple, once ya catch on  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

a old timberjack

mabe i said this wrong, i mean i am trying to post a pic on a forum topic, and i cannot do it
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

Fla._Deadheader

Don't take this wrong, BUT, I repeat,

QuoteHave you read the thread "Posting  photos", at the top of this board??

First you have to get the photos INTO your Gallery. Did you put your Gallery together, yet ???

THEN, it's real easy to post the photos.    Try reading the Posting Photos thread first, then, we can steer you where you need to go. It's really not difficult, REALLY.  :) :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Furby

The only way that is allowed to put photos into a forum topic/post is through your gallery here on the forum.
They work with each other. :)