iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Braised leg of lamb

Started by tule peak timber, February 24, 2019, 08:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

It's Sunday , there is a little snow on the ground, and this dish takes 7 hours to cook.We start with a big leg of lamb and brown it on the BBQ with bacon fat.The browning throws a lot of spatter so we do it outside avoiding cleanup.

Next step is to gather fresh cardoon from the garden and assemble the spices and liquids.

Pack it tight and add beer and chicken broth.This leg is about 8 pounds.

7 hours later the meat cuts like butter. Cheers

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

DPatton

Looks wonderful, yer making me hungry! I see some of your handy work in those counter tops too.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

sawguy21

Did somebody say leg of lamb? I'll be right over. 8) I would not want it all the time but it is a special treat.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

tule peak timber

We are lucky to have some clients that raise animals for us. Not store bought !

tule peak timber

Happy crew today with lamb tacos and fresh salsa. Cheers

AZ_builder

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tule peak timber

I enjoy cooking and feed the crew when I can. Infrequently I cook big spreads for Veteran groups and wood related visitors. Food is a good thing , and I like to share it :)

pgk1

Looks fantastic! That Wolf in the background is the Rolls Royce ranges.  Lamb is one of my favs, if you ever get any lamb chops, get a couple of fresh lemons, oregano, lawrys garlic salt, dust both side with the garlic salt and oregano, I use charcoal but gas would work, cook and turn to a internal temp of 145, squeeze lemon juice over both sides just before you pull, guaranteed huge hit..
PM605, MS462CM, MS211

tule peak timber

Your lamb recipe sounds terrific. I actually cook on wood outdoors probably 5 days a week  most times of the year, smoked salmon last night.
  As far as the Wolf, it is worth every penny. You know the old saying"happy wife -happy life'. This is my second Wolf range ,,,,and come to think of it ,,,,my second wife. :D

WV Sawmiller

BTW - Is leg of lamb off the back leg (the hams) or is it a shoulder? That first picture looks like a back leg to me. I was probably 35 years old before I ever ate any lamb. It was not readily available in N. Fla where I was raised.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

tule peak timber

Hind quarter . The front shoulder I cook differently due to the amount of fat and toughness.

Thank You Sponsors!