iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Boxing Day cutting

Started by Dan R, December 27, 2020, 12:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan R

Happy Holidays All
Has been quite some time since I have posted. I have still been keeping up reading posts  though. 
I purchased a LT 15 in July and have used it a little. Boxing day the Daughters FIL wanted some lumber for projects so we cut up 3 logs. The Douglas fir was just acquired from a small clearing job and the Western red cedar was in the pile for a while. I also have a Woodland Mills HM 126 that I've had for some years and have no complaints with it although 19 HP vs 9 is quite a difference.
Here's a couple of photos of yesterdays cutting.

Stephen1

Welcome back. The sawing looks great.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

RAYAR

If the HM126 also had an equivalent engine size to the LT15, what are your thoughts of likes and dislikes in using each mill?
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (431,000 Km)

Dan R

Rayar,
The differences between the LT 15 and the HM 126 are things like the log back stops, on the 15 they swing up or down with ease and you don't have to loosen a set screw to move them. The head up and down is effortless on the 15 with its pre loaded assist and the handwheel set in 1/6 inch increments is so easy to use.
Please don't anyone get me wrong the HM 126 is a Great level entry mill and the fact that is was new to the sawing game when I purchased it I believe they have made some big improvements to it. The customer service from Woodland mills was second to none. I have cut a lot of wood with the 126 and will keep it as I have it on a trailer I built for it. I only cut wood for myself and Family. The two mills are strictly for Hobby sawing. 
The one thing I changed on the 126 and will also change on the 15 are the log clamps I don't like the screw type and built some Cam type that I quite prefer. I've added a picture of them. They were on my desk at work when I still worked and I had not welded the handle onto the eccentric round stock or the square stock.  

Thank You Sponsors!