iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gobblers are Callin'

Started by Radar67, February 24, 2009, 06:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar67

I've been busy with a new project for a few days...three new turkey calls are the results. I used some spalted oak I had laying around and they turned out to be nice calls.

And here is a video of them in use.

http://www.youtube.com/v/CKR4RGjrkJQ&hl=en&fs=1

Now I am no turkey caller, just a box maker.  :D

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Burlkraft

Nice work on the calls Radar  8)  8)
I like the sound of the second one.
Like a Boss Hen ;)

I saw some hens today and a big group of toms came through last Saturday.

It's gonna be a while before there's any gobblin' goin' on around here.

They don't seem to gobble when they are keester deep in snow  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Radar67

I thought the third one sounded better myself, at least more like the birds here. My brother is a die hard, so he will get one of them. I've seen a few hens and chicks (the chicks were seen last spring) out close to my place. They don't have to worry about the snow though.

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

WDH

Terry,

If I was a turkey, I would come (but it might take me a while to get there ;D).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

Nice calls Terry.  They sound good.  Do you sell those?

If you don't you could. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Don K

Terry,  you done good. ;D I've crank on a few box calls in my day and they have a good tone. One really sounds like a old raspy hen. Find somebody who can crank one for you and get a little ways away and listen. Gives you a better perspective on the call. Oh by the way, you have too much time on your hand. You need to get started on that house. :D :D  I feel a road trip itch coming on. You feel up to a visit end of March?

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Jeff

Icey came running from the other end of the house and is now currently hunting under my desk.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Radar67

I'm always up for a visit Don. My ground has been too wet to do anything on my place, plus, it seems to either be raining or attempting to rain when I am off.

James, I didn't build these to sell, but am considering making some for that purpose. One of the reasons I built these was because my die hard brother has an old call my younger brother made for me, it seems to get my call back I'll have to swap him even with one of these.  :D :D

Is she pointing or setting Jeff?  ;)

Jeff

Just investigatin.  :)   She's pretty smart so it only took a couple moments for her to figure out it was only the computer. She seemed quite disappointed.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!