iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Only 3 more sleeps

Started by Ken, September 17, 2016, 09:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken

Moose hunting starts at daylight on Tuesday.  A good friend of mine has his license and asked me to hunt with him.  He's never had his license before so he's pretty pumped as am I.  A couple other friends are also going with us.  We've been out scouting a few times and have a good spot picked out.  Love this time of year fudd-smiley
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Magicman

How exciting, and I know that you will "take us along" on the hunt.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Czech_Made

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Ken

Well it's official.  We got skunked this year.  Although we seen 11 moose in total many were cows and calves which we tend to not shoot.  We did have a good chance at a large bull on the second evening but the shooter missed.   No fresh moose meat this year but had a great time with long time friends.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Magicman

Successes are sometime measured in ways that only hunters understand.  Congratulations!!   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Autocar

A friend of mine asked me a number of years back to be his hunting partner in New Hampshire we got on the moose the first morning it wasn't day light yet and we heard two bulls fighting . That will turn your legs to rubber, right at day light we had a cow standing thirty yards from use. But we was fired up for a bulls after the racket we was hearing earleyer. We stoped at the weigh station and I told Ron we had better be careful where we kill a moose because we would about have to eat it on the spot ,there wasn't any way we would ever move it. We was hunting in the White Mountains I believe that was the name and you wasn't aloud any motor vehicles. To make the story a bit shorter we didn't kill any but it was the best hunting trip I was ever on. We put it all togather we found moose hunted in the worst down pouring rain I ever been in. Only the next morning ten inches of driving snow only to turn around the next day to ten degrees with wind. Ive killed two moose and five caribou but that was the most fun trip I ever had. As long as I have my mind I can see every day like it was yesturday. I hope everyone can have that same thrill someday,when you hear the sound those antlers make as they come into contact with branches as they walk towards you in a hardwood forest, if your legs don't turn to rubber and your heart pounds then your in the wrong place.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!